The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clutch

boombastictiger

but this one is £160 and the OEM is £350... Do you rekon the £160 is worth the try?

I can do a stock OEM clutch for similar money, it would take around a month to order though.

I'd have thought you'd be able to get stock clutch parts cheaper than that there, if you shop around.

You can really do a clutch for similar money :(? I called around loads of traders on here and they all said about 320+ for a OEM clutch:( I cant drive my car, havnt been able to for 3 weeks today the clutch is slipping :(, do you think the £160 clutch is really that bad?, I mean would it really break after 3 days?

These are the prices I can do the Toyota OEM parts for:

clutch cover = £49 + postage

clutch disc = £47 + postage

clutch bearing = £24 + postage

I'd be really careful, an oversprung, 'performance' clutch can ruin the driving quality of a car. If it was me, I'd go with stock everytime if I could.

TBH it's going to be a flase economy. If every trader here says an oem one is going to be around £320 ish, then that's what it is going to cost you.

Do you hoenstly think that an item from ebay for half the cost is going to be fit for purpose?

Its going to go one of two ways.

1) Its a real bargain you save yourself £150 quid ish and you're laughing

or

2) It either isn't suitable or fails prematurely and then you have to buy another unit and pay labour again to have it fitted.

If the price of something on the face of it appears to good to be true, then generally 95% of the time it is. You forget that your driving a car that was £40K when new, and consumables cost money. You might be able to make saving for your average Dagenham dustbin, but really you can't afford to scrimp on drivetrain items for a Supra.

On an NA I wouldn't go for any other clutch other than stock, it'll be the smoothest, easiest to use and quietest option. Unless you have hiked the power up a lot, it should be more than able to cope.

Got to agree this will easily hold 300bhp unless you are na-t you will not need anything other than stock, cant understand why the traders are recommeding a RPS all this will do is give you leg ache