The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra TT vs R33 GTR

Axle

Arguebly the supra is better looking. Smooth lines but keeps the aggresive look, the r33 is aggresive but all a bit boxy imo. I like em both tho, they both look good but supra just shaves it for me.

Ive never owned a r33 but id find it hard to believe the nissan is more reliable than the supra!

The Supra is cheaper to run, easier/cheaper to mod to almost any level of power, and is more reliable in general (particularly engine and especially gearbox wise).

The looks thing is all subjective. Both cars looks sweet but like everyone else says I prefer the look of the R34 over the R33.

Gaz.

Not driven an R33 GTR but a couple of GTS-t. They're nice cars, but the Supra has made me smile much more (even in auto form). Plus, I always end up looking back at my Supra when I park it and am walking away, not sure I would with a Skyline.

However R33 GTR is nice looking but you'd pay a lot more money for the equivalent condition one compared to a Supra.

Also, most people reckon the R32 or R34 GTRs are the best ones. But a Skyline is a Skyline and I'd have one... just not in a swap for my Supra

Both cars have strong engines, the supra is proven to be able to take 600+ on a stock bottom end, the gtr tops out at about 600 bhp before it goes bang, i personally think stock for stock the gtr looks more aggressive but the supra can be made to look alot sexier with a nice kit. Theres no doubt that the supra is alot cheaper to tune so i think it comes down to how much money you have to spend? if i wanted a 500 bhp car and wanted to do the work myself from a stock car i would buy a supra as i know it can be done for well under £10k and you get a car which is 1994/5+ now try doing that with a 33 gtr!! even a decent 32 your looking at 6 or 7k and you aint gonna get 500bhp from 3k ;)

Mike

Got to say, despite Jap cars having a reliable reputation I'm not convinced that's the case when you start tuning Nissans. Nobody that I'm good friends with that has had a Nissan - Skylines, Pulsars, 200sxs have gone without a full rebuild. In fact 200SXs seem really bad for reliability so it would make me a bit wary of a GTR as the costs involved there would be massive. Sure Supras won't be much better, but I'm hoping they'll prove to be much more reliable.

Got to say, despite Jap cars having a reliable reputation I'm not convinced that's the case when you start tuning Nissans. Nobody that I'm good friends with that has had a Nissan - Skylines, Pulsars, 200sxs have gone without a full rebuild. In fact 200SXs seem really bad for reliability so it would make me a bit wary of a GTR as the costs involved there would be massive. Sure Supras won't be much better, but I'm hoping they'll prove to be much more reliable.

every car once you start pushing them past the oem power is going to suffer reliability issues but the gtr engine and the supra engine are well proven to be able to handle decent power without stronger bottom ends

yes i agree about the pulsars and 200s but its alot smaller engine to get big power from

it would have to be an R34 GTR over R33,supra wins for looks hands down and the supra is very tuneable on the stock block.There is countless members on here running 5-650bhp on the stock bottom end.

:yeahthat:

We ran nigh on 800hp for 18 months on a stock block with countless drag/high boost races.

When we tore the engine down it was like brand new!

Gaz.

I agree.. two guys i know with GTR's are both off the rd at the min due to fucked engines, and both are only stage one tunned.

No where near as strong as a stock supra engine imo.

This is the other guy:D

http://www.zippyvideos.com/6142149535397556/gtr_2/

Lol the fiesta driver must have had a brown pants moment when he come back the other way!:D