The mkiv Supra Owners Club

camber

Matt _Aero top_

Thinking of changing my bottom arms soon , but whats all this about camber adjustment cams i've been reading about in previous threads ?

Are these the big bolts that go through the 2 bushes at the back ?

Is this a job i can do myself or can i end up in a whole world of pain with incorrect camber ?

is it easy to correct the camber if it needs re-doing ? and is this just like a getting the tracking done ?

You've got 2 options,

1. Mark the position of the cams before you remove the old arms, fit the new ones in the same place and hope its close enough.

2. Mark the position of the cams before you remove the old arms, fit the new ones in the same place and take it for a suspension geometry check, whick should cost £60 - 80 for a 4 wheel check and adjust. Have a look at http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk to see if they recommend anyone near you.

Rob you ever been to an alignment place as im from sheffield too and was wondering where would be best ?

and would i be better off re posting this thread in somewhere different to supra chat

Im pretty sure none around this area will be much good :p

Needs a place where the technicians have at least heard of evolution :p

Thinking of changing my bottom arms soon , but whats all this about camber adjustment cams i've been reading about in previous threads ?

Are these the big bolts that go through the 2 bushes at the back ?

Is this a job i can do myself or can i end up in a whole world of pain with incorrect camber ?

is it easy to correct the camber if it needs re-doing ? and is this just like a getting the tracking done ?

It is easy to correct the Camber positions... What is difficult is establishing new positions if they deviate from stock since most shops are scared to perform in this arena.... Are you retaining stock positions or is there something more adventurous blogged into the setup?