The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Shall i Spray it or Leave it?

jazz1

Ok guys basically im so confused although i want to spray the bloody thing (hood) everyone thats seen the car loves the carbon effect and says dont spray it your mad etc. What do you guys think, iv also got the carbon eyelids thanks to keron cause they change the image of my car alot, suggestions please

Photo-0357.jpg

Photo-0358.jpg

Photo-0360.jpg

Photo-0362.jpg

thats what my dad said spray it later but im thinking it would look so odd as im going to have my trial diffuser half black and my wheels are satin black center and with the bonnet being black that would make my car half silver half black when finshed:rolleyes:

wait until the car is finished mate and then decide, as said above, you can never have it carbon again once done! :)

You could. You can wet flat the paint down to the original gel coat, or whatever you call it. I've done it on carbon bike panels. Laborious but bossible.

Jazz, if that was mine id mask a thin line around the cut outs and paint the rest silver. A bit similar to these Ducati seat units i used to paint, see here...

http://www.casoli.co.uk/136/ducati-polished-full-exhaust-sytem.html

That way, you get the best of both. Subtlety rules. :cool: