The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Miles Per Gallon.....

Guest robster23

Guest robster23

Hi Guys,

I've been searching on the forums for the last hour or so but I can't seem to find a definitive answer.

Firstly I would like to say that - I understand that mpg is not the most important aspect about owning a Supra, but it is part of the calculation. I suspect that 5 years ago we wouldn't have talked about it!

However, I would like to get a good ballpark idea for the amount of fuel the car will consume compared to my current one!

So if you wouldn't mind could you help me out?

For example, my current car, a 2L saloon (boring as hell):

Tank = 45L which is about 9 Gallons (I think)

Approx 350 miles to a tank (combined) = 38.8mpg

Can any one give me approximate figures for a NA manual please?

You are all Supra Stars :cool:

Guest robster23

Thanks guys,

Some folks are quoting higher figures, pushing the 30s with an NA. Obviously an NA will use the same as a TT if you're not on boost. Is anyone finding this?

Lol, if your worried about fuel consumption dont bother with the supra. There's too much temptation to open it up, im sure even with the NA!

Its just not a car that can be driven lightly permanently, too many people tailgating you etc and other things. Sometimes you just need to rid them off your tail!

This is honestly true,:innocent:

I got all the way to cornwall once, in the most mellow mood possible, without the engine ever making positive boost, cruising at 65-70 and made 33mpg in my TT (got the caluclator out!)... no roadworks or stop start though, just a constant speed..

It's rare you can drive it like that though - normal driving consumption is 20-25, but on the motorway they are not too bad, as long as your speed is constant.

At brunters I did a whole tank - 65 quids worth in 95 miles.

If you need to ask I can't help but wonder if it is not the right car for you.

although I've found mine affordable and actually not bad if driven very gently (I've never bothered to work out the mpgs though, just fill it up when it needs it). The supra is a really nice car to drive gently (ironically enough) I've found, just cruising and using 6th gear, it's very effortless and torquey :)

Even N/A's are thirsty cars. In real world terms, they use just as much as each other. Its just that on a long journey out of the N/a and the TT the TT will use a bit more. But not that much more.

You will find yourself driving from petrol station to petrol station. If you decide to get a TT you have to run it on Optimax or Ultimate especially if its a jap import. So thats something else to consider. I wouldnt be bothered too much in the N/A though