The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New tyres needed

afreemason

Michelin pilot sports over F1's all day long, especially in the wet!

Yeah but here we are talking about a difference in price. Do you really get that much more grip in the wet for your moolah??? I personally don't think so. Same thing as is a 20 grand telly better than a 3 grand telly, sure it is but could the average man tell? and is it worth the extra 17 grand to the average man?

check this out then

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/245-40-19-TOYO-TYRE-SEE-LISTING-FOR-MANY-OTHER-SIZES_W0QQitemZ150061024462QQihZ005QQcategoryZ9891QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

go down on the listing and look what prices you can get, these are the toyo t1-s which are now discontinued. thats why the prices are so good.

295/35/18 only £130 now thats a bargain

Yeah but here we are talking about a difference in price. Do you really get that much more grip in the wet for your moolah??? I personally don't think so. Same thing as is a 20 grand telly better than a 3 grand telly, sure it is but could the average man tell? and is it worth the extra 17 grand to the average man?

Yeh suppose, i think the GSD3's are better than the GSD2's i had and i was compairing them to the pilots i have now. Just going by personal experience mate.

But whatever happens don't buy continental conti sports! I had wheelspin in the dry at 80mph! and would spin up just lifting the clutch!

And all depends on the size of the screen your getting for 20 grand, if its anything like the cinema screen you had a while ago i bet you'd spend that bit extra :p

Yeh suppose, i think the GSD3's are better than the GSD2's i had and i was compairing them to the pilots i have now. Just going by personal experience mate.

But whatever happens don't buy continental conti sports! I had wheelspin in the dry at 80mph! and would spin up just lifting the clutch!

And all depends on the size of the screen your getting for 20 grand, if its anything like the cinema screen you had a while ago i bet you'd spend that bit extra :p

Hey that telly wasnt that big, I know someone has it in their bedroom :D BTW when you gonna change my heater matrix???

Michelin pilot sports over F1's all day long, especially in the wet!

Yup, after seeing the results on yours, I put pilots on mine, had the GSD3's and they were also VERY good.

Dunno about a 3 grand telly, but the one I've got is doing the job brilliantly *grin*

Nice one guys, thanks for the comments ......

Lockys96 have just been out in my boxers to check the tyres sizes :

235 / 35Z R19 (fronts)

265 / 30Z R19 (rears)

We have hankooks on at the moment so shouldn't be hard to improve on those from a road noise point of view ...... and I have toyos on the zed ..... they'll be the next to be changed :( Costly business these cars

I've used them on the aristo and yeah good tyres but longevity I can't vouch for. Reports from Tom the cars new owner doesn't show well to be honest. Grip levels in the dry are similar to F1's if not a little better but not as good in the wet imho. You'll go along way to find a tyre that outperforms an F1 in the wet and then also in the dry.

I have the falkens on the back of mine at the moment.

I have nothing to compare against but I think they aren't bad.

However I've had wheelspin in the dry going from 3rd to 4th in a straight line in otherwise perfect conditions. That's on 18s too with an LSD, before I got RLTC.

they are totally worn out now, in about 7-8k miles and I don't drift or spin them up intentionally...

but any gripy soft tyre won't last a very long time

Come on guys ........ bit of advice for a poor muppet ....... Madam needs new tyres very soon on the NA Supra ....... what's the current fashion then ? What should I be costing up for her ?

just had set of toyos 265/17 rear tyres - to sadley replace my dirt and snow tyres - which are not sold in uk. the toyos are good in the wet - feel safe.;) they cost me 130 each.

Nice one guys, thanks for the comments ......

Lockys96 have just been out in my boxers to check the tyres sizes :

235 / 35Z R19 (fronts)

265 / 30Z R19 (rears)

We have hankooks on at the moment so shouldn't be hard to improve on those from a road noise point of view ...... and I have toyos on the zed ..... they'll be the next to be changed :( Costly business these cars

lol, funny git:d