The mkiv Supra Owners Club

corbeua seats

nige

Has any member fitted the corbeua boss seats to their supra?(or any other make of after market seats) I have just bought a pair with universal sub frames, took them to my local engineer to fit them and he found out that the sub frames are crap and theres no point on either the seats or the subs to mount the seat belt retainer clip,the only place is one single 8mm bolt on the side of the seat which would not hold in the event of an impact,be interested to hear how any one else over came this problem, and if you have fitted them in this way I think I would seriously have them sorted.

My mate is goin to mount the seat belt retainer to the body of the car as you would do with a harness,and strenghthen the seat base with larger brackets to give it a more secure mount,be interested to hear different opinions on this subject,cheers,Nige.

I had a few problems when fitting my pro series... the xl driver seat i got didnt fit the subframe so needed cutting and rewelding further apart... also i was not happy with the seat belt clips being so low so as it was really awkward to get the belt to clip in so i welded some extention bars on to raise them up leval with the seat.

yeh but what about the seat belt retaining clip how is that bolted to the seat how many bolts hold it on? for it to do its job properly it needs at least two 10mm bolts.

from what i remember it was the same as the stock seat which was a single bolt?

if i can get a decent pic later i'll take one for you