The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Back from Envy, HKS Racing Ti fitted

jevansio

Just got back from getting my HKS Titanium Racing exhaust & double decat fitted, big thanks to Gaz & Kev (and the guys) for getting it fitted.

First thoughts, wow, I can't believe how quiet it is on tickover (with bung the OUT), yet as soon as the revs pick up it's like thunder :D. I'll have no probs backing it out the garage at 7 am without annoying the neighbours.

I never had a chance to really floor it on the way home with all the traffic/wet roads etc, but I suspect it's had quite an impact (esp now I can run 1.2 BAR). At one point an articulated lorry driver honked his air horns (scared the crap out of me) and gave me the thumbs up as I was sat in the traffic jam (dunno if he is a Supra driver or just liked the car).

I'll get pics & hopefully sound clips this weekend.

One thing, I know it's a 4", but ground clearance is pretty low (I'd hate to see the NUR Spec which is supposed to be worse than this), anybody else who has one suffering from this?

Jay

Before I had 2 CATs, and some miscelanious 3" jobbie. It is loud on WOT, but there's a sweet spot when it's on tickover/very low revs where it's as quiet as a mouse. If you take it upto 5000 rpm say, then back off, lifting your foot all the way off the throttle you get the normal really loud rumble, but just feather the throttle and the noise goes away.

It's like the best of both worlds, noise when you want it, quiet when you don't.

Hi Jay,

The HKS will be worse on ground clearance than the Nur because of the extra inch of pipework.

On Kev's car he clear most speed bumps but that is one thing with the Ti due to the size.

Glad your getting on with it though :)

Gaz.

Hi Gaz, thought it might be down to the sheer size of it, good job there's no speed bumps round mine :D

I love it man :D

Jay