The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BHP NA with mods another one sorry

dibbleyuk

Realistically, you will be talking around 220bhp. You will have lost power from the engine over time, so adding these bits will bring you back up towards original stock figures.

You will lose power if you fit an induction kit aswell, as the stock air box is better. Fitting a decent heat shield and cold air feed will help to bring the power figures back up if you fit an induction kit.

EDIT: I have an induction kit, but only because it's shiny:d

Fitting a decent heat shield and cold air feed will help to bring the power figures back up if you fit an induction kit.

Read "put it in a box and have an air supply" - just like the standard unit you swapped off.

Be careful though the car will be a huge difference to anything you've driven before.

m.

Guest wanabe supra

i was wondering what the spec are of the supra n/a. 0/60 top end and the pulling power???

i have a fiat coop 20vt at the moment will this be a downgrade or same as etc:salute:

i was wondering what the spec are of the supra n/a. 0/60 top end and the pulling power???

i have a fiat coop 20vt at the moment will this be a downgrade or same as etc:salute:

A DOWNGRADE
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_shock.gif

my n/a has no cats ,apexi induction and stainlees exhaust.

it pulls really well and looks the dogs .go and drive one you will be convinced.

Guest wanabe supra

are they easy to tune. because at the moment im running approx 270bhp.

i think i will have to get the TT but there a tad expencive as im still 21:(

Guest wanabe supra

i have a full 3"s/s exhaust,decat, gtec2 chip,fmic straight induction pipe k&n filter,uprated fuel pump prv and a new std turbo.

it the turbo thats holding me back + remap. if i was to upgrade it will be 300 to 350 depending on the engine (internals).

i was wondering wether or not to spend more or go for the supra:cool:

Guest wanabe supra

there was a lad known as smee in north wales his was dyno'ed at 276bhp. what would be needed to get those sorts of figures??

ps love your soop it looks mint:cool:

i think it was at the fly IIRC a few of us went for a dyno run when i had my mr2.

he had no nos nor a turbo just pure N/A. :conf:

Even with a decat & a decent exhaust system - an N/A won't get 10-15 above stock (which is 235 at the crank)

Apart from nitrous or a NA-T conversion - I don't know of any other mods on an NA that would produce that figure.

I would question those results.

so the N/A is pants for tuning?? what about cams etc

No, the NA isn't pants for tuning. You just have to spend money on it. The same BPU upgrade/benefits in power on a TT - don't have the same power results as the NA.

I'm not sure with cams in honesty, but I don't think it would give a 41 hp increase.

The Supe is a 12/13 year old car and when it left the factory it was 225bhp, and it is a well known fact that hp is lost over time. The NA has only a limited "modability" to it to increase the BHP, cat back exhaust, double decat, some induction kits (stock airbox is best), and you are perhaps looking at 230bhp tops. If you are willing to spend megabucks on the car then 270bhp is possible, but you may as well buy a TT. But the NA and TT driv differently, but they are both the same on the outside, beautiful :)