The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyre Pressure

Robbo

I have got 18" Buddy Club P1's on my N/A. What are the correct tyre pressure's. I have been putting 30 in all round as that is what the garage I bought it off told me to put in, is this correct? :)

Way to low! you'll prematurely wear the tyres out

2.6 bar all round for me .. whatever that is in psi ??

It tends to be a case of trial and error when using non stock wheels/tyres.

You need to run them at a set pressure for a few months and see how they are wearing...but this is also a factor of the geometry setup on the car...

I think you should try increasing the front pressure by 2psi to overcome the extra weight over the front. I'd leave the rear tyres at 30psi in winter as this gives you a bigger foot print and more mechanical grip. So 32psi Front and 30psi rear.

In the summer I'd go for 34-36psi Front and 32-34psi rear. Don't go any higher than this because when the tyres warm up they increase in pressure...for example say you are running 36psi cold, after a run you could see an increase of 4psi, as the air inside has heated up and expanded. Manufacturers limits are about 44psi, and there is absolutely no reason why you'd need the tyres stressed to this sort of pressure.

But like I say you'll have to do some trial and error to see what you like most.

It tends to be a case of trial and error when using non stock wheels/tyres.

You need to run them at a set pressure for a few months and see how they are wearing...but this is also a factor of the geometry setup on the car...

I think you should try increasing the front pressure by 2psi to overcome the extra weight over the front. I'd leave the rear tyres at 30psi in winter as this gives you a bigger foot print and more mechanical grip. So 32psi Front and 30psi rear.

In the summer I'd go for 34-36psi Front and 32-34psi rear. Don't go any higher than this because when the tyres warm up they increase in pressure...for example say you are running 36psi cold, after a run you could see an increase of 4psi, as the air inside has heated up and expanded. Manufacturers limits are about 44psi, and there is absolutely no reason why you'd need the tyres stressed to this sort of pressure.

But like I say you'll have to do some trial and error to see what you like most.

Thanks for that Alex, I will do that :)

• 1 month later...

Jesus, just searched for tyre pressures as haven't got a scooby about what I should be topping mine up to in this weather............

.........and then I came across your website Claire (Robbo) :) Holy mother of god you're fine. ;)

Good luck with the modelling, seems like you're doing pretty damn well already though!

Greg