The mkiv Supra Owners Club

shock insurance

dibbleyuk

rite im 19yrs old have 2 yrs no claims and 3 points for speeding i insure my 2.0i sport impreza with £££££ worth of mods (see newbie section) for £1200 FC

on a uk spec twin turbo supra!

£2400 TPFT

now thats alot of money double what i pay on my impreza but not something i would be able to afford shame all the uk models ive seem are 8k+ to buy :( otherwise i would be buying one lol i would have about 6500max to spend would it be possible to get a nice one for that money! :blink:

Well for 6.5 you are looking at an Auto TT j-spec. However the insurance is going to be a killer and to be fair I am with the insuance company on this one, your 19 and already have 3 points, plus a Supra is a lot rarer than your scoobie, more appealing to theves and chucks out far more power through 2 wheels and not 4. For 6.5 you would get a nice NA supra they are by no means slow (225bhp 0-60 6.5sec (ish)) and may find the insurance a bit better. I am 22 with 3 ncb and I am paying 850 for my SZ and have been told it will be about the same for the TT when I get it. Sorry to shoot you down but I am trying to save you some money, may be worth trying Lancaster as they will insure it as a classic or Sky as they are top blokes who know their stuff.

my 3 points i got in my work van doh! 36 in 30 :(

i dont want to pay 2.5k for insurance my mate has a lovely red NA that he would sell me he wants aprox 5500 for that its had a new clutch resently and full service, its got a nice set of OZ wheels, lowered, a few other bits done it is absolutely gorgeous but it is a manual import and i dont know who to try for insurance on that and what sort of money would i be looking at..

Ok for imports try lancaster they were great for me when I got mine at 21. Also try sky as they are the insuance company the club uses (we get a bit of discount with them). I was paying around £890 fully comp and that was with sideskirts, exhaust, wheels declared.

the way i done it when i was 19 was to insure the value of the car for under 5 grand that way i could insure it 3rd party only i think i paid about £1800 that was on a import wrx impreza which was a group 20. but u take the risk that if u smash it or it gets stolen u lose everything

rite im 19yrs old have 2 yrs no claims and 3 points for speeding i insure my 2.0i sport impreza with £££££ worth of mods (see newbie section) for £1200 FC

on a uk spec twin turbo supra!

£2400 TPFT

now thats alot of money double what i pay on my impreza but not something i would be able to afford shame all the uk models ive seem are 8k+ to buy :( otherwise i would be buying one lol i would have about 6500max to spend would it be possible to get a nice one for that money! :blink:

you should be able to pickup a pretty decent jspec twin turbo for £6.5k ... as for an NA, you'll get one free with a bag of chips :( most go for around the 4k mark (good examples too!!) checkout the forsale section, ebay, or autotrader - winter is a buyers market :) .. as for insurance erm... well you'r gonna have to donate your right kidney for that :p

i texted my mate earlyer asking him when he is gonna sell me it lol he just came back to me saying he want to get rid of his asap.. so the hunt is on for insurance my current company wont touch it thats norwich union and they said i will lose this yrs NCD (yr3) but i current have 2.

need to make a few calls i think.

UK TT for me was cheaper than an import NA a few years ago.

NAs are going cheaply at the moment though. I'd still want above 4k for mine, its important to hold out and sell for what it is worth.

My FTO went for a grand more than some were being sold for but it was in great condition inside and out. Bloke saw it, didn't appreciate the price and went away to look at some onthers for less money. Realising they were all poor he came back and paid cash for mine.

Trouble is getting a person round in the first place to see the difference between a much loved club car and a eBay banger.

m.

Really?? I was told that the insurace on a TT and NA were pretty much the same. Oh and NA's are import only.

yep not much, but dependent on age and record etc

For me a TT is about £30.00 more than my NA Yet my FTO was about £150.00 more than the Supra!!

I got a £150.00 refund when sold the FTO and bought the Supe

Dannyb: hello mate what u doing over here?? :D

well i spoke to my mate last nite looks like im going over there tonite giving him couple hundred £ deposit will get it off him next week.

what im most likey going to be doing is keeping the scoob for the winter 4wd etc more pratical and i wont be using the sup will keep it covered up on my drive waiting for the better weather to arrive gonna ring around now and try and get some insurance quotes give me a rough idea on how much lol