The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Purchasing a Supra

Axle

Hello people,

As you will have guessed im new to this site, but an impressive site it seems to be and i have learnt quite alot from it already about supras.

But now for my big question...

I want to buy a Supra (not as an everyday car, i have one of them already).. But i only have abit over 6k to spend on a Supra and i want a twin turbo one.

Will i be able to get a decent one? Or will they be dogs dinners at that price? I have seen an auto one (RZ) with just under 40k on the clock up for £6,500. Surely must be clocked? Other then having service history, how would one go about finding out if ones been clocked or not?

Sorry for the 101 questions, but im really excited about getting into the Supra family, and dont want to end up with a lemon (as i feel guilty as it is spending 6k on a car that will bring me joy, and not the wife- lol):search:

I'd be careful at a tt supra with 40k miles at £6.5k, sounds fishy. I would look at all the ads you can find for about a month, and you'll soon get the hang of the going rate of what car is worth what kinda money. You'll also get a better idea of exactly what you want and can afford too

This is CJ!

He is Welsh legend, some says he is Alien, others that he have some secret connection with sheep :blink: , I say - he sold me really nice N/A Supra for reasonable money and this car is still driveable after 3 weeks soooo :eyebrows:

Yeh found him.. He wasnt amongst sheep though.. He was actually in a toyota workshop building me my next supra! :D

Heres hoping he builds me a minter!;)

It can be i guess, but im leaving it with CJ.

I think he will find a guddun after seeing what he nearly got hold of for me. :)

The chances of finding another with that mileage, in that condition and for that price are very remote my old mate. You really did fall in lucky there tonight and I think you are going to be kicking yourself in the next few months. :(

The chances of finding another with that mileage, in that condition and for that price are very remote my old mate. You really did fall in lucky there tonight and I think you are going to be kicking yourself in the next few months. :(

Yeh your probably right. I thik that just came a couple nights too early.

Also i really want a red or black one now, after seeing a few silver ones. Just dont think silver does the original styling of the car any justice.

I have patience for the right one to come along;)

Yeh your probably right. I thik that just came a couple nights too early.

Also i really want a red or black one now, after seeing a few silver ones. Just dont think silver does the original styling of the car any justice.

I have patience for the right one to come along;)

No problem - but I honestly think your patience is going to be stretched to the limit to meet all the criteria you are looking for. As I said last night, the major stumbling block is going to be the mileage. To find an ace looking car in just two colours, with 50k miles or less for around 6k is going to prove very difficult.

No problem - but I honestly think your patience is going to be stretched to the limit to meet all the criteria you are looking for. As I said last night, the major stumbling block is going to be the mileage. To find an ace looking car in just two colours, with 50k miles or less for around 6k is going to prove very difficult.

I think you can be safe to be flexible on the milage as these cars are virtually bulletproof. Its the service history and the exact spec that you want that you'd be best looking for.

Up to 80K miles will be just as good as 50K miles and you will have more choice within your budget.