The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Those crazy Japs

johnnyknox

I took it upon myself to fit a new stereo to my Supra on Sunday.

Is it just me or is that centre console panel the biggest pain in the arse ever??!!!!

My hands are covered in cuts from unplugging the connectors from the back (soooooo fiddley!)

It took me about 10 minutes to unplug one of them. I had it at the point where it was about to pop, but then it just click backed into place!!!!

Not felt rage like it for quite some time. I nearly just ripped it from the car on about 4 occasions, but decided gritting my teeth and punching the hell out of my drivers seat was cheaper and also had the desired effect.

Quite funny when I think back on it, but at the time. I was saying to myself (well, out loud actually) "Please let me meet the person who designed this!!"

Anyway....all done new :)

Yep it's a PITA, Im going to do mine again soon, Can't wait :rolleyes: Havnt you tryed taking your headlights out yet? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

LOL...lovely, they're next!!

I want them refurbed.

And yes Ed, it did not go back on the way it was before and I am awaiting my first bump, bang and scrape from behind it (not driven around any sharp corners yet) I just know it will come :D

I took mine out at the weekend and took photos of every connector so this isn't such a PITA for people and you can see how they are released. Takes 5 mins when you've got it sussed but I agree, the first time I did it I was cursing so much I think the local house prices went down ;)

I'll post them up as part of a 'how to... fit speedo convertor & delimiter I'm working on. Will try to get this finished ASAP.

I took mine out at the weekend and took photos of every connector so this isn't such a PITA for people and you can see how they are released. Takes 5 mins when you've got it sussed but I agree, the first time I did it I was cursing so much I think the local house prices went down ;)

I'll post them up as part of a 'how to... fit speedo convertor & delimiter I'm working on. Will try to get this finished ASAP.

That's a great idea mate. The world needs more people like you. :thumbs:

Slip cont was the most annpoying for me, probably because I could see it, just not work out how to undo it.

I don't have an airbag so didn't need to disconnect the battery... how many times did people make themselves jump by unwittingly pressing the horn?? I did it loads, lol.

Slip cont was the most annpoying for me, probably because I could see it, just not work out how to undo it.

I don't have an airbag so didn't need to disconnect the battery... how many times did people make themselves jump by unwittingly pressing the horn?? I did it loads, lol.

Yes!! Slip Cont was a little ****er and the fan controls were the work of the devil.