The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How loud

Dave F

I'm doing a trackday in a few weeks, and checking through the bumf they sent me it states that the noise level must not be more than 105db. I have an NA with a nur spec r with cats still in place does anybody know if this is likely to exceed the 105db.

Cheers guys

I'm doing a trackday in a few weeks, and checking through the bumf they sent me it states that the noise level must not be more than 105db. I have an NA with a nur spec r with cats still in place does anybody know if this is likely to exceed the 105db.

Cheers guys

I'd have thought you'd be okay, but do you have a bung you can take with you just in case?

There is no fixed limit on the road - the law simply says it must not be "unsociably loud" or something like that so basically up to the police. I've never heard of anyone being sucessfully prosecuted for it though, although some people have paid a £30 fine I believe. Normally they would just issue a vehicle defect thingy I think so you'd just go to an MOT place and get them to say it was ok.

You will definitely be less than 105db with the bung in (assuming it's measured the normal way at 3/4 revs at 1m or whatever) and I would think without it too.