The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Competition

DannyB

Hi guys still looking in to but a Non Turbo Soop, but im interesed in some things from you guys please. ok bar the turbo owners who blitz most things what competition is there for the non turbos 6.5secs (ish) to 60, ive so far found that the Focus SS is slower, 0.1secs or just, and the civic type r has the same story, id rate these cars as seriosuly quick at my age as it is, so what otehr cars are out there with the same sort of performance figures please guys, and what storys of you got of beating the rivals etc. Thanks guys. And no i dont condone this sort of thing traveling at cetain leptons in a certain amount of time, but its nice to no what im up agaisnt.

Thanks guys

I could take my boss in his Audi A6 Quattro 2.7tt in my NA quite easily which used to REALLY p him off !!

Although he used to start catching me up when into 3 figures

Audi TT easy to take too,

Manual NA seems to be quicker than Auto although not on paper, You just need to know how to drive one keep it between the "magic" 5500 and 6200rpm and it goes, (helps if its a manual)

oooo thats a juicy sounding car a 2.7tt twin turboed?! thats a nice kill if it is. not too worried about audi tt's but another one for the list i guess. see a new one today saying that. looked stunning!

Yep and the A6 is nearly 2 ton

Not a great car when your really look at them though.

And boy do they have their problems and Mantainance cost!!

Give me Jap anyday

Mercs not much better either the brother inlaw worked at a Merc dealership and said it was a real eye opener, really poor product

Never been a lover of German motors always found them to be clunky "but functional" vehicles

Each to their own though... I Just think the Japs build reliability just as good as the Germans which is why the Jap stuff has been taking the top 4 places for the last few years in reilability stakes, All your "prestige" badges are way down the list ... suprisingly!!

The new one looks miles better doesnt it, not half as hardresser with its wider arches!

Don't get me wrong the old TT is a very pretty car,

Just a shame its a Golf at the end of the day..

But don't you think Audis are just boring?

They all look the same just in different sizes, and what is it with that new stupid big grille,

Saying that i have my Track day on 9th Dec and one of the cars is the V8 RS4 A4, Will be interesting..everyone says they are quick

It should be fast.. A V8 in something the size on a Mondeo..

So i'll give it a good caning... verdict to follow

you will be driving ths car or will you give a verdict on how good it looks in the supras rear view mirror?!

Will be driving a RS4 along with a few lotus , Scoobies, Ferraris etc etc loads of cars,

Really looking forward to it,

A guy the missus works with did the same track day and apparantley you are really encouraged to thrash the arses off all the cars... Thats exactly what i plan to do... ha ha

Will be driving a RS4 along with a few lotus , Scoobies, Ferraris etc etc loads of cars,

Really looking forward to it,

A guy the missus works with did the same track day and apparantley you are really encouraged to thrash the arses off all the cars... Thats exactly what i plan to do... ha ha

Which track day are you doing mate? and how much.? Sounds like fun .

I've hit 155 leptons while killing my mates type r

even pulled slowly away on him in 2nd gear

once hitting 4th he was a good bit back..

although had another mate in a astra coupe turbo on my tail couldnt get away at the same speed/acceleration:(

thts all the spirited driving i've done... ;)

I've hit 155 leptons while killing my mates type r

even pulled slowly away on him in 2nd gear

once hitting 4th he was a good bit back..

although had another mate in a astra coupe turbo on my tail couldnt get away at the same speed/acceleration:(

thts all the spirited driving i've done... ;)

thats an interesting kill, everyone loves them type r'sm not too botherd about the 2lite turbo coupes, didnt think itd beat many turbos

Anymore for anymore?

my mate has a 1.8 16v clio that is completely striped out! weighs 870kg its decats full stainless and induction and some how at santa pod ran 15.2! i dont know how but it did its just one person i would like to just shush! lol so if they beat a type r it shudnt have much of a problem with his rattle thing lol just the quater time worries me!

I sold my R1 the other day and i'm not going to say I beat it but led the guy back to the motorway to see him on his way and had the red mist come down. Give him a run for his money and sure he had to give it more than he thought. Sad to see it go but a worthy send off. He could have been really decent and popped a victory wheelie but he didn't.:)