The mkiv Supra Owners Club

No more J Tuner

Mike B

Just had my subscription refunded.. must admit I have not finished reading the last mag, and this is probably old news to a lot of you... but no more J Tuner.

Shame.. I thought it was the best visually, and was my favourite tbh. Looked like an expensive mag to make though.

I don't know what the readership wants but I thought it was a pretty good format, lots of tech, lots of reader participation and very diverse. Shame it didn't make any money... I wonder what the advertising rates were?

The offered to move my subscription to Classic Ford, or Total Vauxhaul, which I thought long and hard over....

It said

"the last issue of J Tuner you received, on or around the 7th of November 2006, will be the last one that is published"

"it has been a tough decision but from issue 20 J Tuner will no longer be available in the shops, or on subscription"

at least they ended on a nice round number.

Too much competition? Surely it was better than Japanese Performance and Banzai. Well written, excellent photography and a great layout. They also featured some really obscure cars which instantly set it head and shoulders above the other two and their over reliance on Evos and Imprezas, although I note that they've followed J-Tuners lead of late.

I'm going to miss it.

hmmmm... i paid for a subscription about 2 months ago, received issue 19, but not had 20 yet (assume its not out until today/tomorrow?)

No letter or anything - so if i don't hear anything i'll cancel my dd at my bank.

What other jap magazine do peeps recommend then?

That's the sad thing,

there is nothing else out there that I enjoyed reading... JP is a bit plain, slow and boring - and everything else is all bling and chav :drama: - maybe that is the way our market is going?

I used to like all the technical stuff, talking to respected people in the industry, they still do some in JP i guess...