The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA Cold Air feed and Heatsheild pics

blitz supra

I 've had a few PM from members asking for pics

So for any NA peeps interested in making a Cold Air feed and heatsheild after fitting a Induction kit

All this cost me less than £10.00 to make, and a remarkable difference,

1x Piece Alloy sheet (use existing 2x Airbox holes on Chassis leg)

2x House gutter pipe adaptors to pretty up the pipe ends

1x 73/75mm flexi pipe

2x Hose clips

I have had the std box on and off a few times now, and mine definitely runs better with my HKS kit and these home made bits, With std Air box on my MPG is really down too strangely,

Hoping to get Sam @ Turbofit to hook me up with a hard pipe from the induction kit – throttle housing next week , they have done a few for the guys already

p.s

Big Thanks to Holmer for helping me with Pic size problems

Much appreciated mate :thumbs: :thumbs:

Andy

HEATSHEILD.jpg

PIPE 1.jpg

PIPE INTAKE.jpg

Supra  HKS Induction kit with standard pipe.jpg

Supra HKS Mega flow.jpg

Nice bud but one questiion about that filter.

i bought one from ebay and everyone basically laught and said they where a piece of shite?

are they ok or what now im confused:search:

Like the heatshield though! wanna make me one

Nice bud but one questiion about that filter.

i bought one from ebay and everyone basically laught and said they where a piece of shite?

are they ok or what now im confused:search:

Like the heatshield though! wanna make me one

They are crap. In independent tests, they came out out as the worst after market filter available due to their very poor filtration. The Apexi came out on top.

They are crap. In independent tests, they came out out as the worst after market filter available due to their very poor filtration. The Apexi came out on top.

CJ is spot on with that,

You'd think HKS being such a recognised company and expensive would make a decent filter, but these "mushroom" type filters are the worst, this one in particular, filteration is really poor,

HKS Panel filters are the worst culprits, try and clean them as i did and you'll end up with just pulp in your hand... makes you wonder how much of the element disintigrates and goes into your engine!!

My filter as per pic was a new filter but come cleaning time it gets binned for either a Apexi or even a decent Stainless mesh type (had a blitz one on the Fto and it was a good filter and easy to keep clean)

Glad i bought an Apexi one as well then, will just see if i can flog the HKS to one of my Corsa driving employees :D

Nice heatshield HINT HINT how much to fabricate that?

Glad i bought an Apexi one as well then, will just see if i can flog the HKS to one of my Corsa driving employees :D

Nice heatshield HINT HINT how much to fabricate that?

Sheild is a doddle only took 15 mins to make

Just get your self a small peice of Ally sheet either fold a angle on it at the bottom or use a right angle section at the bottom,

Drill 2x holes to line up with your old Air box mounting points and use a finishing strip to cover the edge and there you have..

Helped i suppose i got a blue Peter bage as a kid I suppose, got that for making a dalek out of screwball ice cream containers... :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: .... oh happy days..

Sheild is a doddle only took 15 mins to make

Just get your self a small peice of Ally sheet either fold a angle on it at the bottom or use a right angle section at the bottom,

Drill 2x holes to line up with your old Air box mounting points and use a finishing strip to cover the edge and there you have..

Helped i suppose i got a blue Peter bage as a kid I suppose, got that for making a dalek out of screwball ice cream containers... :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: .... oh happy days..

lmfao :D