The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Chris Wilson - any update on car yet please?

Sheefa

Chris,

Hope all's well mate. I sent an email from work on the Thursday I think re car repair progress. Hopefully all the parts have arrived now ;)

I'm off work today, but if you could drop me an email or phone call and let me know how things are going with her that would be great. :)

I'm not intending to disturb a master at work ;)

Cheers,

Greg

Thanks guys, but I'd prefer him to call unless he browses across this on the forum. Especially as when I normally call him he's got his head under a car and probably balancing my new rad at the time :)

Afraid so Silvershark, but my car's been there for 8 weeks now mate so I think I get priority! :p

Greg

It's done, needs testing tomorrow. I did send an e-mail last week saying i hoped it would be finished on Monday. Battery is flat, on over night charge, needs starting, testing and an oil and filter change. Needs undertary putting back once checked for leaks. Has brand new factory rear turbo, rebuilt front turbo, loads of new hoses and 2 good used VSV's. Nightmare of a job, what with all the gas conversion stuff and seized / stripped bolts, brackets missing, blah blah. Don't bank on picking up tomorrow though, it could yet spring a surprise!

WTF!!!!!!

Chris, how much is this going to cost!!! What was wrong with the turbso??? They were replaced in May 2006 and were uprated hybrids guranteed for 1 year! This is very scary mate. You could of called mate as I mentioned a while back and given me a full damage report! It this looks like it's not even worth repairing through my own wallet and I should of claimed on insurance! Please call me!

Thanks,

Greg

Fingers crossed for you(r wallet) Greg!

Don't panic dude, I'm sure Chris wouldn't do anything that wasn't necessary. :)

...unless Chris is on a wind-up? Gas conversion stuff caught my attention.

Yeah, I spotted that too and just thought I must have been missing something... :confused:

This is why I prefer people to ring me, or at least use a real name when using forums! Entirely my fault, I briefly glanced through the forum and wrongly assumed we were talking about another car that I have here. I appreeciate your concern about NOT wanting to phone me, I really do, but this is my fault, but it would never have happened if a real name was used, or the *OLD* telephone was used. I was talking of a different car, yours is NOT the car I was talking about, it hasn't got a gas conversion, it's turbos are probably fine, and for sure, I would have contacted you before changing them :) Sorry for any panic caused, I am sure your car won't need 2 turbos and the other stuff! I never wind people I don't know very well up about money, so rest easy. Your car is slowly underway now all the bits are here that you have supplied, and I hope to have it finished within the next week.