The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Removing engine components - Help

garetheves

Got some new shiney engine bits on the way including Cam covers, PS resevoir and Fan shroud and am wondering if there are instructions anywhere on how to remove these and whether anyone has advice on possible pitfalls and problems that may arrise. Im assuming i will have to drain the PS fluid to remove the resevoir as well, hows best to do this and what PS fluid should i fill it back up with?

Cheers.

PS reservoir = two 12mm bolts at the back of the reservoir and one at the front (accessed via holes in the pulley). Drain it first then undo the bolts and work it up and out - don't lose the O ring!!

Fan shroud = 4 10mm bolts - two at the top and two at the bottom. Remove the lower half ofthe shroud first by undoing the two clips on the sides of the large circular apperture. The whole shroud should then simply slide upwards. :)

PS reservoir = two 12mm bolts at the back of the reservoir and one at the front (accessed via holes in the pulley). Drain it first then undo the bolts and work it up and out - don't lose the O ring!!

Fan shroud = 4 10mm bolts - two at the top and two at the bottom. Remove the lower half ofthe shroud first by undoing the two clips on the sides of the large circular apperture. The whole shroud should then simply slide upwards. :)

Thats great Chirs cheers, how do you drain it (not got the car in front of me so thought id check to make sure im prepared)?

The PAS reservoir on the TT is remote from the pulley. There are three 10mm bolts holding it in place, one at the top and two down the side of the inner wing. There is also a wiring loom clipped onto the top part of the backet that you'll have to pop out.

There are two hoses coming off it, the feed and return. Both are boggo spring clip secured so easy to get off.

I drain the PAS fluid by having a mug or something ready to catch most of it when I pull a hose off :) And cloths and stuff all around the area to catch the rest.

-Ian

The PAS reservoir on the TT is remote from the pulley. There are three 10mm bolts holding it in place, one at the top and two down the side of the inner wing. There is also a wiring loom clipped onto the top part of the backet that you'll have to pop out.

There are two hoses coming off it, the feed and return. Both are boggo spring clip secured so easy to get off.

I drain the PAS fluid by having a mug or something ready to catch most of it when I pull a hose off :) And cloths and stuff all around the area to catch the rest.

-Ian

Cheers Ian, what fluid would you recommend to replace it with then because i doubt that ill manage to catch it all, plus its prob ready for a change anyway.