The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Apexi Super ITC

jase_93tt

Thinking of buying one of these units (I know they are quite old and discontinued) so that I can use more than 1.2bar of boost. Im still ont he stock ecu and recently had my air flow/fuel mapped via the apexi neo. If I got the ITC would I be able to run 1.2 bar boost and more ? Reason I ask is that I heard the stock ecu only maps up to 1.2bar ?

Cheers

Jase

i have the wiring PDF if you need it somewhere. Its not that hard to install either, but to be honest i would have went for the emanage blue with ignition harness instead of an ITC and SAFC combo - works out about the same price. we only use the ITC's on mk3's as its the only thing other than standalone that adjusts timing on them.

The stock ecu + Apexi Neo is fine when running a single, or at least it is proving to be ample on my setup. Other setups may differ I guess. Im only at 1.2bar and my turbo is not even breaking into a sweat. So far the car is running sweet, perfect A/F ratio and not experiencing any detonation at 1.2bar, but have now got the ITC (at a bargain price) just in case the ignition needs tweaking. Although I dont know why I want to run more boost anyway as I can barely get traction at 1.2bar so it can only get worse at higher boost levels :)

Will see how things go with forthcoming tuning stages to see if I need to invest in a better ecu setup.

I can understand why you want to use the ITC as with a single or even TTC boost comes in later and you can gain better pick up by ramping the timing up a bit, as i think the std ECU tends to keep timing a bit retarded due to the twin map allowing for boost coming in early, but i would be inclined to go for the EMU and have it all in one package;)

we only use the ITC's on mk3's as its the only thing other than standalone that adjusts timing on them.

Marginally off-topic but I think someone got the EMB ignition stuff working on a MkIII with an inverter circuit of some sort. It's got a cockeyed ignition system, hasn't it?

-Ian

yeah Ian, Somehow the IGF signal was lost when using the EMB so the circuit mimics the IGF so the TCS dosnt throw a code and a bno start situation. Problem is though only ignition advance is available using it.

The MAFT-Pro is something that should have been aimed at the MKIV market IMHO. may be they will see a market for it, i dunno..Its now fully working on the mk3 supra (7M) with MAF elimination to speed sensity conversion, FULL timing control and monitoring, Fuel control with Wideband tracking and targeting, and boost control - it comes in at under £400 :) hope to get int installed on one in the new year.

The ITC's were a great bit of kit in the day, used them on a N/A-T conversions, but didnt a certain Trader from across the pond say Ignition control wasnt necessary on single 2jzgte's up to 800hp :blink:

i run an ITC on a single, it is set with a load of advance at the bottom end and some slight retard at the top, some people have reported glitchs with them but mine is OK, the plus point with it is its a piece of p**s to set up (it will still need to be done on a dyno though), personally i think the world has moved on and now more people are becoming proficient at setting up the e-manage i think that would be the way to go, saying that my car has run for a year and a half with the ITC and SAFC (total dyno cost £140) and at 1.4 bar still scares me:D

How much advance do you run at the bottom end Paul?

(and please don't shout at me if I don't reply within a couple of hours ;) )

-Ian

no problem Ian;) this is the set up from Thor

800rpm +10, 2400rpm -2, 4000rpm -2, 5600rpm -2, 7200rpm -1

as someone put earlier in this thread i think its obvious that a T61would run happily on the stock ecu from a timing point of view as long as the fueling is set up properly, for anyone buying a cheap ITC FFS dont just copy this set up you MUST get the car set up by someone who knows what they are doing

• 3 years later...

Sorry fro dragging this thread out of the depths.....

When I bought by TT It had an Apexi FCD, Apexi Super ITC & a Apexi SAFC all installed..... I am running a Stock JSpec TT..... As I am rebuilding the entire car I wondering if I should remove any of this lot?

Thanks

Rob