The mkiv Supra Owners Club

changing plugs

Guest mk47

i want to have a go at doing this myself today as i dont think it'll be too hard.. or am i wrong?

i have a socket set except i dont think the nut things are going to be long enough to reach the plugs - or are they? just the standard socket set is what i have.

and one last question - any step by step guides on how to change the plugs?

Guest gzaerojon

also make sure your socket has the rubber bit inside to grip the plug when fitting, other wise the plug can slip out and knock the gap closed. You should be able to reach with your fingers so you can always do it by hand

Ok after reading all this about the breather pipes breaking and dropping screws to the sides of plugs and rubber bits to hold the plugs or gaps closing etc, i think im going to get it done by someone who can do it without messing up! :(

Lol, im clumsy - when i was fitting my bov i dropped one of my clamps into the engine bay onto the under tray and couldnt reach it, so i had to buy another one. then eventually when i changed my oil i found it. i also dropped an allen key in my engine bay when changing my spark plug cover. i found that after hours and hours!

Lol, im clumsy - when i was fitting my bov i dropped one of my clamps into the engine bay onto the under tray and couldnt reach it, so i had to buy another one. then eventually when i changed my oil i found it. i also dropped an allen key in my engine bay when changing my spark plug cover. i found that after hours and hours!

Snap, Im still missing a boost pipe clamp from doing the same......