The mkiv Supra Owners Club

launch control

Andre

• 3 weeks later...
LImiting the overall reves and u are able to use full throttle so you can launch at WOT.
I still don't get it. With power braking the TC limits the revs anyway, even at full throttle.

If this is what happens with Launch Control:

You're on the start line, the gearbox is in Drive, you press the brake hard and when the time to launch comes you floor the throttle. When the revs reach the maximum the TC will allow you release the brake and the car starts moving forwards, rapidly.

How would LC improve on that?

In that case explain teh 2stage rev limit used in drag!??
How are two stage rev limiters related to RLTC Launch Control? Totally different thing isn't it? I thought 2 stage limiters for primarily for manual transmissions too.

Dude also had launch control set up on his Jake and it worked well. But only with a higher stall point. You set the Launch ignition cut just before the flash point of the High stall or on it (Takes some of the stress out of the box while power braking too).

Matt knows more than me about it as it was he that done it so I wont go on as I don't fully know :) .

I think he may have been the only one back then, but then it would be rude of me to say he definitely was as I don't fully know.

Lets just say your stall flashes at 4K with the go go pedal fully mashed. You yourself know that holding a power break is not good for heat through an auto. Now Imagine still holding it at 4k but with ignition/fuel cut( launch control basically a misfire ) so full torque for that set RPM on launch is not going through the torque converter and therefore not generating as much heat, torque converters work on a load basis not just RPM. What happens after that you would need to ask someone that has used it or is using it on autos.

I don't know if the actual launch on the RTLC differs from the normal slip control and the launch has a finer setting to get max power for slip ratio. I have never had RTLC on my own cars and have never really dabbled or fitted them TBH, That is Matt's speciality so he or Martin I'm sure could tell more or correct me if I'm wrong. Hands up I only Know the very basics on how Dudes worked and how RTLC works, there are far more educated people than me that could tell more. Sorry chap:)