The mkiv Supra Owners Club

need advice!

Guest mattyk

hey lads and ladies...im planning a trip up north to lancaster from norwich (about 240 miles) in my non turbo auto supra......how much do u think its going to sting me and is it true i can expect to get more mpg on the motorways?

a part of me says stop worrying and it will probably b a tank there and a tank back (£100)..what do u think?

cheers guys

hey lads and ladies...im planning a trip up north to lancaster from norwich (about 240 miles) in my non turbo auto supra......how much do u think its going to sting me and is it true i can expect to get more mpg on the motorways?

a part of me says stop worrying and it will probably b a tank there and a tank back (£100)..what do u think?

cheers guys

I did 290 miles last night in my TT and I've still got a qtr tank left. Was most impressed since I have a heavy foot,

cool, i just had visions of getting half way there and already spending a months wage..will be my first long journey in the beast so quite excited and was going to get a train but taking on board what u have said i think taking the supra would be far more enjoyable! i really hope it doesnt gussle on me once im on my way there is no turning back!

you should easily get 23-25mpg on motorway travelling, just cruise along and don't have a heavy foot and enjoy the experience :)

fuck that get on the toll road and fuckin floor it:d

Travel at night when all the numpties are off the road and you have the motorway to yourself. Set the cruise (if you have it) and take a relaxed journey to Lancs.

Check your tyres are up to pressure or a couple of psi more before hand (for high speed use a pressure increase is advisible... and it saves fuel too).

If you're careful you should see 30 mpg?

cheers guys

hi, I make the trip to lancaster from lincoln quite a bit as im a uni student in lancs. In my tt its a 150 miles and i typically use half a tank of fuel so thats like £32, thats at a steady 70---90mph with a few 100+ bursts now and then road/conditions permitting.

Motorway all the way. Ps it rains a lot in lancaster, !!

hey, cheers for the info.....i only do city driving so needed advice on a LONG journey..you have helped! think ill take the advice on the toll road.....fuck 'em and floor it!

need advice on something else......any loop holes in speeding fines or should i just try and out run them............??? lol

cheers!