The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Seems Mycroft is Back!

Tricky-Ricky

Just been browsing over on the GTR forum and came across a post on "what do you think the best Japanese performance engine" someone put the 2JZGTE second, well they would;) and this is his opinion, anyone agree or care to comment?

"Quote"

"Mycroft

Toyota 1JZ... the 2JZ is a 'stroked' version of the original motor and is neither strong or reliable when modded, the extended 'tall' block flexes badly, it also uses a lower standard of crank design compared to the original 1JZ [ask anyone about the seals on the 2JZ crank]

The 1JZ will readily rev to nearly 10k on a standard crank.

But the best engine to come out of japan though is NOT the 1JZ but in fact the 1UZ [V8] there are many reasons for this and I could write 20 pages on it but suffice to say that stands head and shoulders even over the 1JZ.

You know crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire and all those damned freedom fighters?

They take away my freedoms, they never mention that do they! "

His best ever Post was the mycroft "track day mod" were he claimed that the TEMS suspension mod not only put the suspension to its hardest, but also switched the ECU to special track day maps!!! and stands by this even to this day!

Good old Iain, think he's on the Porker Forums too lol