The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Time To Make A Purchase.

Havard

I'm going looking at two Supe n/a's tomorrow. The first is White 95N Manual with a nice body kit, Chrome 18's. This car is almost exactly what i'm looking for as I've given up on an aero top that looks similar.

This has been a show car recently and is advertised as immaculate. The only thing that is missing from my shopping list is leather or decent sports seats.

How much would it cost to get them either covered or new/second hand leather seats fitted?

The other one is in Glasgow and I've had loads of pictures that make it look A1 and this has leather seats but no body kit. It is 94M black with a similar milage (60K) and there is only £400 difference in the prices. ie 5K against £5400 for the black one.

Which one do you choose? Sorry to be a pain but I've been looking for two months and its about time I took the plunge!!:)

Id go for the one with most service history or signs of service history.

Id ignore spec and price untill youve seen both cars. Youll know yourself which is the one to go for when youve seen them both, price and spec can often sway you into buying the wrong one i think. Look for obvious signs of crash damage, panels not ligning up etc.

:search: Which is closest to view ? lots to think of ! If its possable to HPi check on both before you view, service history,are any members on here ? Black looks good when clean as does white :blink: Its your choice and Money at the end of the day mate ;) Just make sure they are HPI clear and been looked after and you cant go wrong........... Good luck !!

Cheers

Ian

Take the best mechanical car, not the prettiest....

As above, check both cars out, in fact take someone else along who isn't emotional about the car... someone who will be honest with you about the cars..

When buying your own car you will be blinded by the gadgets, gizmo's and bodykits... get an opinion from someone else as well.

Thanks for your words of wisdom guys! I'm a sensible boy and won't be rushed.

I have been more bothered about getting a really good looking car rather than having to mod it up myself as I'm on a limited budget.

I'm going to look at them tomorrow and possibly go back with someone who knows what they are doing. If the car gets sold in between then fine.

I've just had JohnA on the phone telling me not to buy an n/a and get a TT. Cabbaged my head completely.

I'll keep you posted (pardon the pun!)

H.