The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NEW 19's on my Black SZ-R *PICS*

Guest giama

hey fellas, been on forums a little while, just bought some 19 inch wheels which i was wanting for a while in this exact model. let me know what you think!

some specs

- 96 facelift model NA SZ-R

- black

- 6 speed Getrag V161

- Factory Torsen LSD

- 3.7 diff ratio

- Bilstein shockers(factory)

- OEM sideskirts and rear pods

- Bomex front lip

- 44,000kms on odometer

- 19 inch Yokohama AVS Model 5 wheels

- 19x9 front, 19x10 rear. 245/35 front, 275/30 rear.

- Blitz Nur Spec rear muffler only(rest of exhaust is stock)

- update front/rear lights, dash, indicators, seats. Seats are lightweight version so it doesnt have electric drivers seat. kinda good but kinda bad as i have less adjustment.

BEFORE:

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3444/p5150002qr1.jpg

AFTER:

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/584/p1010007editedgu5.jpg

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/3403/p1010001editedal5.jpg

I took these bottom 2 pics before sundown so the flash did jack shit in dull lighting, hence the blurryness.

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/1779/img0272editedtq4.jpg

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/783/img0275editedbi1.jpg

im thinking of getting the RS-R titanium lowering springs which lower the front 1.6 inches and rear 1.0 inches. They have 8kg front and 5kg rear spring rates which i THINK is close to the stock springs rates(correct me if wrong). basically im just looking for a little lowering for more aggresive stance and better handling around bends as the stock suspension on 19's can be a little wavy ive noticed since fitting them.

any recomendations on these, experiences etc, alternatives?

thanks lads!

im quite happy with her atm, i think i made the right choice, i would have loved a set of dished 19's, but i bought these wheels second hand from yahoo auctions japan at half the price compared to new. a new set without tyres would have cost me $4600 AUD not including shipping, and $5800 with tyres. i got them for $2300 AUD delivered and paid 1k for new tyres. so overall i saved a nice 2k and surprisingly, they arrived with out gutter scrapes, not one scratch on them which was unbelievable for second hand. had them balanced etc and they weren't warped or anything. the whole time i was awaiting arrival, i was praying they would not be damaged and i got lucky!, so im happy!

anyone know about what the best quality lowering springs can be had for good price that aren't too stiff, too low and dont sag over time?

Guest darrenp

Sam ,Andy is right you are a Forum Whore:p

Other than that those rims look bloody wicked, Im jealous as far as the look goes, but I will cringe in fear when you get around to buying STICKY RUBBER. Time for a 2nd Mortgage me thinks.:faint:

Cheers Bud

Darren

Sam ,Andy is right you are a Forum Whore:p

Other than that those rims look bloody wicked, Im jealous as far as the look goes, but I will cringe in fear when you get around to buying STICKY RUBBER. Time for a 2nd Mortgage me thinks.:faint:

Cheers Bud

Darren

lol, yeh well its NA for now so i dont really need the sticky rubber......yet!

im thinking of getting the RS-R titanium lowering springs which lower the front 1.6 inches and rear 1.0 inches. They have 8kg front and 5kg rear spring rates which i THINK is close to the stock springs rates(correct me if wrong). basically im just looking for a little lowering for more aggresive stance and better handling around bends as the stock suspension on 19's can be a little wavy ive noticed since fitting them.

any recomendations on these, experiences etc, alternatives?

Awesome looking car, the Model 5's have been a favourite of mine for a long time.

The RS-R Ti springs are very light and strong - very worthwhile upgrade. They are a lot lighter than the stock spring as well.

Regards,

Gaz.

Awesome looking car, the Model 5's have been a favourite of mine for a long time.

The RS-R Ti springs are very light and strong - very worthwhile upgrade. They are a lot lighter than the stock spring as well.

Regards,

Gaz.

thanks GAZ!

i checked mvpmotorsports.com website and they state that the RS-R Ti springs lower the front 1.6 and rear 1.0. can you custom order the amount of lowering you want, ie; 1.4 in rear instead of just 1 inch?

the 1.6f and 1.0r combo might make the front nose dive a bit which does look wicked, but is this better for handling etc etc?

im thinking my lip might get scraped to hell with the 1.6 inch front?

what do you think