The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Spoiler Change Help Please

egrossi

Hi guys and gal's how you doing,

Great news, I'm a member now as coughed up monies and will be an official Supra owner next weekend after years of drulling:p .

One thing though this Supra, perfect in every way thanks to your things to check for and although need to change rear spoiler, current one I don't personally like believe its a Veilside. I want the normal Supra one but is it just a matter of unbolting and fitting the standard one.

Oh quick thanks to colin whos got me one.

Na sorry CJ was looking for me but found one in the meantime, fresh of the boat tuesday but CJ has the standard spoiler for me.

Ps: how do you put pic on thread so you can see which one I could be wrong.

Click on 'Go Advanced' instead of 'post quick reply'. In the middle you have 'Additional Options' section which has a 'Manage attachments' button and from there you can attach pictures.

:)

cheers but the pics sent to me are in bmp can't upload sorry, but what do I look out for when I open the boot.

I actually just did this the other day - when you open your hatch, there will be the black plastic cover. This is just clips holding it on - feel around the edges and give it a good pull, and they should just unclip.

After that - if you look on the underneath of where the wing is, there should be 2 10mm bolts either side holding the wing on.

Undo those and it should come off. Not sure if the Veilside wing utilises the factory clips as well - but if so, there are two clips in between the two bolts - you just need to pull up on the wing firmly but gently.

After that its the reverse to install the new wing - takes about 15 minutes tops the first time.