The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Goodyear F 1s

Dave Haggas

I have had three sets of them now, but won't have another as they literally melted on the car at bruntingthorpe... like driving on treacle - beads of rubber rolling off the edges... I was told it is common on F1's..

really good road tyre for normal driving but they don't like getting hot!

I have had three sets of them now, but won't have another as they literally melted on the car at bruntingthorpe... like driving on treacle - beads of rubber rolling off the edges... I was told it is common on F1's..

Cheers for that Mike, I want to track my car a lot more in the new year so will avoid them.

You'll get that on pretty much any road tyre. F1s are no worse than any other in that regard. You'd avoid it with something like the 888s, but they are lethal in the wet.

I got 12k out of the last set of F1s I used.

I would recommend track tyres if you want the best out of your car on a track day... not road tyres.

I will be putting F1's on mine when the current ones wear out.

How much did you pay for the track tyres Bobbeh?