The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cracked Carbon

R3DG3CKO ROB

They've said because it's already on the car I can't return it... Totally Gutted...

Everyone who's seen the car this week has noticed it straight away.. We fitted the hood in the dark and didn't notice the cracks til we were lining it up :(

because it's on the car you can't return it?

what a load of nonsense. if it's damaged, it's damaged. full stop.

where did you get it from mate?

wasn't a trader on here was it?

because it's on the car you can't return it?

what a load of nonsense. if it's damaged, it's damaged. full stop.

where did you get it from mate?

wasn't a trader on here was it?

I don't know if he can claim anything unless he's within 14days of purchase.

It is up to the buyer to check the condition of the part thoroughly on arrival...and sign it as unchecked/checked.

I don't know if he can claim anything unless he's within 14days of purchase.

It is up to the buyer to check the condition of the part thoroughly on arrival...and sign it as unchecked/checked.

hmmmmmmm, so basically he wants to hope he's posted this thread within 14 days and the supplier is an understanding member of mkivsupra.net? :)

Yeah, got it from a trader on here - waiting for a response, to see what happens.

Unfortunately didn't have a choice but to leave it on as it's my daily driver and had to get to work in the morning...

The Hood was delivered on the 1st November but there was no way I could of opened it while the courier was there... even when I did unpack it the scratches weren't visible, they're only really visible in direct sunlight...

we use stuff on a CF lip when it gets stone chips etc etc, came from a guy in the ship building industry. Just takes a few light coats and merges in with the original Laquer coating. Though i dont know how it would look like on a flat bonnet but Il try and get details on it if you cant get this issue solved

we use stuff on a CF lip when it gets stone chips etc etc, came from a guy in the ship building industry. Just takes a few light coats and merges in with the original Laquer coating. Though i dont know how it would look like on a flat bonnet but Il try and get details on it if you cant get this issue solved

I like to know this too

Right... the trader has come back to me as they can't get hold of the person who has repaired carbon for them in the past...

They have offered to paint the bonnet for free but I'm not sure what to do?

Should I;

a) get them to spray the TSII style Carbon Bonnet?

b) wait and see if it can be repaired?

Any thoughts?

I'd say that as it's not a manufacturing defect you don't really have a leg to stand on unfortunately. :(

Once it's been signed for as undamaged it's VERY difficult to prove it arrived in that condition, especially as it's now on the car.

You are lucky the trader is willing to help you.

I'd be :cry:

Guest gzaerojon
I'd say that as it's not a manufacturing defect you don't really have a leg to stand on unfortunately. :(

Once it's been signed for as undamaged it's VERY difficult to prove it arrived in that condition, especially as it's now on the car.

You are lucky the trader is willing to help you.

I'd be :cry:

i sent a set of headlights out once, fully insured ect ect

they got to the other end smashed to Fcuk :( so i put in a claim only to be told they were signed for as in good order and they won't pay out.

these were sent to a company, and the person who signed for them was not the person they were addressed too. I told them this and they still didn't pay out :(

i then sent out a second set of lights and this time asked them to open it while the courier waited, the courier said they don't do that and went off in his van

you just can't win :(