The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recaros or Re-trim Poll

garetheves

Retrim or recaros  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Retrim or recaros

• Re-Trimmed red/black leather seats
    • Keep Recaros

Ok ive been trying to decide between the 2 for a week now and really cant, they both have pro's and con's so would like to hear peoples opinions please.

Basically i have a set of factory fitted recaros in my car at present and i love them for their "Rareity" but if im honest dont really go with the interior of the car and after a long journey can be a little bit painfull due to my large posterior (fat arse lol).

Ive been offered a swap for a set of red/black leather stock seats plus red door cards (similar to the ones in the picture - hope you dont mind Gruggs ive used your pic). Id need to swap my seats plus some cash the other way.

I love the re-trimmed seats and really think it would finish my car off nicely, especially with the engine bay being redone this winter, turn it into a proper "Show car", but i love the recaros as well. Help.

One thing to bare in mind is i "may" be looking to sell in April/May next year so would want the option which will add most value/be more appealing to a buyer.

In an ideal world, if i had the money, i would just get the recaros retrimmed to match the red/black leather, but this a) cost a fortune and b) the recaros would no longer be "original" and would lose their value a little.

Cheers guys

P.S. Wayne you are not allowed to vote ;)

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/2051/16509bk9.jpg

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/8695/p1010096tw5.jpg

gotta say that i like the red/black option much better. will stand out much nicer than the recaro seats. imo keeping the red/black theme will give an all round better look.

then again, i am not really a fan of seats with manufacturer names on them, looks to F&F for my liking. Only ones i actually liked were the ones with the Supra logo.

What about retrimming the recaros ? then you could have the bolsters altered for your ample frameage :D

This would be my first choice but just cant afford the 800+ that it would prob cost, whereas a swap would be considerably less than that and have the desired effect colour wise. Good to see youre back online Col.

Cheers for comments guys, please keep them coming.

If its comfort your after, and you are on the large size, then i think you will be happier with the std seats, i was the opposite, my back gives me trouble on long trips, so i went for some Konig seats, similar to Recaros, now my back is much better.

tbh the confort isnt a major factor as the discomfort is only minimal and only lasts until the day after ive driven. Plus its only after very long journies.

I said defo keep the recaros when we were at Mascrat, they were really nice and felt good to sit in, but seeing that red interior makes me think again now, ummm, undecided but what would make me change my mind to certainty would be the amount of additional cash involved. I think if he reduced the cash element or scraped it all together, and go for the straight swap then i would defo go for it. But those recaros are rare and worth a mint themselves....... the choice is yours! i cant vote!