The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spray painting

rovervi

I was thinking of doing mine a wile back..

I did see someone with it done and it looked good..

as long as you use a good primer I am sure the paint should be ok (as long as you dont keep catching/scratching or twisting it)..

As you said, not sure on how close the finish and colour will match due to the difference in the materials..

But as i said the one i saw did look good, so it can be done...

Good luck

Guest CoolsBlue

not an expret, but this is what i think will need to be done, as its a tough rubber, get a nice dull smooth snad on it, primer mixed with flex, then the silver mixed with flex and clear coat mixed with flex, as the paint will apply nicely on and will be able to bend a little without breaking.

If you are intending to use spry cans? i don't know of any that have flxi additive in them, i was referring to paint that you mix and spray yourself.

hhmmm havent really got any spraying equipment so this is going to be a dead end for me :( unless i pay an arm and leg and get a body shop to do it