The mkiv Supra Owners Club

VVTi 272 CAM KIT

Steve Sherwood

Hi Steve

What makes you say it's a 272 cam? I didn't think they were that wild (I don't know for sure, just asking)

was going to be fitted to my supra but decided to change the ecu for stand alone so i no longer need
Huh? Am I missing the point here? Does that make sense to anyone?

Sorry it is a 264 cam. I run 272 non VVTi cams in my VVTi head

the car makes 850 rear hub hp on a 72mm turbo do I need VVTi?

Also I did the conversoin some time ago no one at that time could map the AEM to run the VVTi.

Sounds an interesting engine Steve. Any issues with none VVTi cams? I take it they are in a VVTi head casting, or did you fit an earlier head?

:think: How did you do that Steve ? The intake cam on the VVTi is totaly different as is the head casting on that side. Be interesting to know how you use a normal 272 cam in that side :)

We had the front cam journal machined to fit the housing extra oil feed hole and groove cut. Through the motor build project we have tried to be innovative rather than fitting bolt on kits.

Sometimes things just dont work but usually its ok.