The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Unsure what to do

Matt H

I love my supra to bits, its got everything i want, well maybe not quite everything, its an Auto. thing is, i like the auto box, its just.... do i want a 6 speed?! dont know, think i may, never driven a 6 speed, (which i suppose i really need to do!), its just sometimes i wanna be in the power band and have that little bit more control of the gearing.... ummm, the reason why i ask is that im in the position to speed a lot of money now on the styling like 5k - 10K and dont want to spend all this money on my car then think again, yep its got it all... just wish it was a six speed. Dont want to go through the conversion tho, more hassle than its worth in my opinion........

God i jsut dont know..

If i bought another car tho it would have to be a pre-faclift 1994/1995 6 speed with really low milage like 40k miles, GZ spec, and putting out 400+ BHP on twins... but i dont want another car really, just mine to be manual..... dilema!! :blink: :blink:

What do you reckon guys?

I love my supra to bits, its got everything i want, well maybe not quite everything, its an Auto. thing is, i like the auto box, its just.... do i want a 6 speed?! dont know, think i may, never driven a 6 speed, (which i suppose i really need to do!), its just sometimes i wanna be in the power band and have that little bit more control of the gearing.... ummm, the reason why i ask is that im in the position to speed a lot of money now on the styling like 5k - 10K and dont want to spend all this money on my car then think again, yep its got it all... just wish it was a six speed. Dont want to go through the conversion tho, more hassle than its worth in my opinion........

God i jsut dont know..

If i bought another car tho it would have to be a pre-faclift 1994/1995 6 speed with really low milage like 40k miles, GZ spec, and putting out 400+ BHP on twins... but i dont want another car really, just mine to be auto..... dilema!! :blink: :blink:

What do you reckon guys?

Talk to the guys at turbofit if you interested in converting yours to a 6 speed, they have done Jezzy's and hes chuffed to bits with it :D

Leon moans at me every day for making him buy an Auto, but then if you ask the guys at Turbofit, they will confirm that even with the auto box Leon has done donuts, taken it sideways down the road, whell spins, burn outs, and all the other things available normally only to the manual box. I think if you really get to know how to use the override on your box you will soon have just as much fun with it, and then not have the hastle of changing gears through town and everyday traffic.....Keep the auto....

Leslie