The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Miami GT exhaust vs XS Power

Chris and Alana

Hi there guys. Im wanting to get a nice moderatly loud exhaust with very good build quality. I want a full ss system and like the Blitz Nur Spec R however after searching the net and searching threads I found these two exhausts for under £300 (half the price of the blitz) and was very interested. Do any of you guys use these exhausts and can comment on them? Who is XS Power (ebay)

i have the miami gt one and highly reccomend it! sounds very nice and not too intruding and doesent drone either. i cant put a pic up because it exceeds the file limit but can email some over if you like..

yeah you can here it in the car bud, but it sounds sweet at high revs. aint taken cats out yet bud but everyone who has heard my car says it sounds sweet as anything

you wont need an fcd if you just remove the 2nd cat, and it will be slightly louder with a 2nd decat, and it wont affect boost by much at all. pics on their way shortly mate.

if you want to hear it you can give me a ring and i can play it down the phone for you :)

As far as exhaust recommendations go it’s a load of bollocks so far.

Why? :blink:

Preference is very subjective; it depends where you've already committed your money.

True, but for people who are asking an opinion it is the only source of information.

Why? :blink:

Because its not subjective.

I know where you’re going, but if everyone posted 'yeah its great' to any product it wouldn't be the truth. Fact is the XS power pipe and the miami gt one are worlds apart in terms of design, quality and sound. No one mentioned that so far but the subjective views already form an technically incorrect 'consensus' from the forum.

True, but for people who are asking an opinion it is the only source of information.

You've been here much longer than me so know as well that a single opinion is just that. Its worthless in threads where the starter has asked for a comparison.

I could say "hey, I bought an RSR and I like it so everyone should buy one"

Doesn't mean its any good (its not).

BTW Col, nothing against you, I'm bored and got nothing better to do than argue on the interweb :D

Because its not subjective.

I know where you’re going, but if everyone posted 'yeah its great' to any product it wouldn't be the truth. Fact is the XS power pipe and the miami gt one are worlds apart in terms of design, quality and sound. No one mentioned that so far but the subjective views already form an technically incorrect 'consensus' from the forum.

As I haven't had the benefit of seeing or hearing either of the exhausts, would you care to elaborate on the differences in the design , quality and sound?

You've been here much longer than me so know as well that a single opinion is just that. Its worthless in threads where the starter has asked for a comparison.

I will bear this in mind and look out for the replies when people ask for opinions on turbo kits when compared to BL products. Would you still use that same argument then?

I could say "hey, I bought an RSR and I like it so everyone should buy one"

Doesn't mean its any good (its not).

It's not?

BTW Col, nothing against you, I'm bored and got nothing better to do than argue on the interweb :D

That sort of came across :)

I will bear this in mind and look out for the replies when people ask for opinions on turbo kits when compared to BL products. Would you still use that same argument then?

Yes.

If you refer to my turbo install thread then you ain't seen the outcome! (due in a few days :p It isn't pretty)

It's not?

Its complete shit Col, rusted as hell after just over 2 years. Pics will follow in the 'single' thread.

Its complete shit Col, rusted as hell after just over 2 years. Pics will follow in the 'single' thread.

Had mine almost 2 years and no sign of rust. Excellent exhaust :p

Weren't the early ones mild steel though (just like HKS exhausts, my Hiper certainly didn't last long!)?