The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BPU or BPU+, what's the difference?

razza

Ive got what I think is a Bpu but with a fmic, running 1.25 bar, and im happy for now. Seen a bloke in the US in JP september whos getting 500 horses at the wheels, on standard turbos. Dont know wether they are ceramic or steel turbos, but thats the most powerful ive seen on the normal turbos. Bpu +++? Hes running lots of things I havnt got a clue about, but hes also making nearly 550 lb ft of torque.

Seen a bloke in the US in JP september whos getting 500 horses at the wheels, on standard turbos.

I can assure you he isn't... at least not by our standards. You see American horses are smaller, so 500 US horses at the wheels would roughly equal around 500 UK horses (or indeed the rest of the civilised world) at the fly. :D

Basicly you need to up the boost to 1.1-1.2, In order to do this you need an aftermarket exhaust and decat pipes. Then you need a fuel cut defender to stop the car cutting out when the boost goes passed 1.1, you need an Upgraded fuel pump,colder spark plugs and a restrictor ring in the exhaust to stop the turbos over boosting and blowing them to smithers :D And thats about it, some people recomend getting a boost controller, but you don't really need one if you have a restrictor ring.

I can assure you he isn't... at least not by our standards. You see American horses are smaller, so 500 US horses at the wheels would roughly equal around 500 UK horses (or indeed the rest of the civilised world) at the fly. :D

I have that article. I will read it and announce to the world of you are right or wrong.

Basicly you need to up the boost to 1.1-1.2, In order to do this you need an aftermarket exhaust and decat pipes. Then you need a fuel cut defender to stop the car cutting out when the boost goes passed 1.1, you need an Upgraded fuel pump,colder spark plugs and a restrictor ring in the exhaust to stop the turbos over boosting and blowing them to smithers :D And thats about it, some people recomend getting a boost controller, but you don't really need one if you have a restrictor ring.

I have all of this and on a couple of occasions boosted over 1.1/1.2 - how can i check if I have the the restrictor ring? - someone before me (some crazy jap guy) may have done it already........ hmmm

BPU me baby ! :)