The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Piggyback ECU

smithy23

Think I require a more tailored a/f ratio than the standard ecu and vfcc can offer. Ive got the vfcc set at what has being noted as the supra tt settings and im still hitting fuel cut. Egt readings seem higher than they were a week ago and it doesnt sem to be pulling as well. Think it needs a piggyback and a good mapping session. What kind of price would you be looking at to fit and map an e-manage or similar?

Check the garage out. Listed the lot in there, Im a little frightened about melting a piston, thats all. Know if i get it mapped I will be looking at a small increase in power but understand that it will be more responsive, better tickover and theres little chance of running lean at the top... Spent a few quid now and really dont want to kill her

You should be fine to around 1.2bar, the UK spec runs a bit rich anyway by all accounts.

You state you have an A/F gauge fitted, is this hooked up to a wideband sensor? This will tell you if all is fine or not.

Installing a piggyback ECU such as the Emanage Ultimate, would allow the fueling and timing to be mapped for some extra power.

I got the A/F meter from mvp, it didnt state it was a wideband and im regretting it. Cant get much of a reading as it bounces around like hell and is very erratic. Also goes straight past the richest reading of 8 at WOT. So to get a proper, more reliable reading i need a wideband sensor? Steve its not me in Linclon, mines blue and Im in York... Also the highest Ive recorded since going BPU about three weeks ago is 1.26 bar

I got the A/F meter from mvp, it didnt state it was a wideband and im regretting it. Cant get much of a reading as it bounces around like hell and is very erratic. Also goes straight past the richest reading of 8 at WOT.

The GReddy A/F gauge reads from 8 - 16A/F, so it should be up to the job, not sure how accurate they are though. Might be worth getting it checked out by someone to see if it is functioning correctly, as this will tell you how your fueling is.