The mkiv Supra Owners Club

PICS- Colour coded Calipers :)

Mas

Thanks Guys, I first painted them with the actual caliper paint (which is in a very ugly blue colour) then I used the paint I had from when I painted my dash so gave it a colour coded look, then those Decals and I applied a few coats of laquer on top to make sure it will stay there for a while.

Thank guys, glad you liked them;)

Hope the extra coat you put on doesn't melt or crack dude. Theres a reason the caliper paint is expensive and thats because its heat resistant otherwise you could just use any paint. I look forward to being wrong though.

Cheers mate, but as mentioned earlier I first used the caliper paint and as it was wrong blue colour had to use the left oever pain I had from before.

had them on for 3 weeks now and no paint flakes yet :) , I only finished off the job today with sticking the SUPRA decals and another coat of laquer on top of them as I had to leave the paint to dry .

There is a guy on here sells shiny metal decals for brakes. Big ones for UK spec and smaller ones for the J-Spec brakes. I can't remember his name though. I have a set sat around somewhere. Not much use to me when I polished the rest of the caliper :)

Yeah I got a set off of him AGES ago and they are good quality. Think it was Michael G? maybe wrong tho as it was a very long time ago :search:

• 5 months later...
There is a guy on here sells shiny metal decals for brakes. Big ones for UK spec and smaller ones for the J-Spec brakes. I can't remember his name though. I have a set sat around somewhere. Not much use to me when I polished the rest of the caliper :)

Very interesting, thats if I paint mine.