The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bit of help needed

Guest Geneb

Hey guys could you please help me with this.

im installing a car computer next week in my Sup but i want to be able to access the engine info on the carputer as well.

i'm well clued up on pc's but have absolutely no idea when it comes to cars, i have a round multi pin socket to the right of my steering column, is this where i plug into and if so is there a cable i can buy.

my motor is a 93 import N/A

hope you can help with this THX:search:

Bit of a non starter unfortunately, unless you have a lot of time on your hands to go where almost no-one has gone before to design a real-time software interface to the Supra ECU's capable of outputting engine sensor information on screen.

Cheers,

Brian.

If you want to have full access to the Ecu you'll need a Toyota 'open' Ecu for development puropses (production ones are probably security protected & read only) and some hardware & software to be able to access all the ECU functions..... This would be virtually impossible!

You may be able to get some diagnostic software and a cable from somewhere to enable you to read some of the engine parameters??

Try searching on google for Supra and kwp2000, diagnostics, remote ECU access etc??

EDIT - Oh, you have ;)

Hmm gonna be difficult this i think, i just want to access RPM MPH and maybe fuel. i dont want to be able to change anything because i just fuck up my car.

funny thing is the bit i thought would be difficult i've already accomplished which is getting the computer to talk and respond to commands.

Here is a link for software and lots of it,

http://www.scantool.net/?mode=displaySoftware&software_id=58&category=Third%20Party

But as they say the car is OBD1 and you need OBD11 for any thing to make sense. I have a computer in the car to, it is best just left as music/sat nav.

I have spent many hours researching this but no luck, if you find something i would be very interested to know to.