• Friday 15th December
    • Saturday 16th December

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As it stands, 100% of voters (8 in total) can make it on Saturday 9th, what do we need to do now then chaps? :)

Ian R I sent you a text the other day saying I'd probably drive to this in my Scorpio and could give you a lift if you weren't fussed about taking your Supe and wanted a beer - not sure if you got it though mate?

Yep Saturday 9th it is then. Just need to look in the url for the mailbox and decide where we want to go for some nosh. What are you suggestions.

I've never been to the mailbox or any of it's restaurants so I'm open to suggestions from others... :)

Depends how many people there are really. http://www.mailboxlife.com//cmpage.aspx?section=RestaurantsBars

Places I've been to:

There's Shogun - Tepan Yaki (spelling?) Japanese round the table where they cook in front of you. Always fun.

There's a spanish Tapas bar Estilo, nice but not so good for a full meal?

An Italian Don Salvo (service was shite last time, food ok)

Red Peppers is a really really nice Mediterranean restaurant.

Zizzi does great pizzas and pasta.

Piano champagne bar...no food, lots of shampoo though :D

I'll help you with your numbers shall I Pete ;)

1) Ian R (shogun or any where else)

2) konio-nt (I like japanese so Shogun - Don Salvo is shiat!)

3) Pete + Vicki (Designated Driver)

4) SteveR + Kate (don't really mind where we go TBH; not massively into oriental stuff but will give it a try if everyone else wants it)

(Kate speak up now if you have a preference! :))

1) Ian R (shogun or any where else)

2) konio-nt (I like japanese so Shogun - Don Salvo is shiat!)

3) Pete + Vicki (Designated Driver)

4) SteveR + Kate

5) TrickTT + Yvette (i eat anything)

6) Sheefa + Emily (Anything is good - recommend the below)

Good work guys, should have my car back by then too ;)

Right, Mailbox is a fantastic choice. I often go there. I recommend we stop off for one at Bar Room Bar/Bar Epernay and perhaps eat at Penny Blacks? It's a very nice restaurant with typical english dishes cooked in a old Victorian style. Great food, great ratings.

Good choice with Red Peppers too Pete. Lovely setup there.

Recommend satying at the MalMaison if anyone is thinking of staying in Brum the night. Best hotel I've stayed in around Brum although quite pricey.

I'm game for anything though. Would be good to see you all again. :)

Cheers,

Greg

Recommend satying at the MalMaison if anyone is thinking of staying in Brum the night. Best hotel I've stayed in around Brum although quite pricey.

For cheap lodgings there's always nitenite.co.uk which is fifty quid. It's basically a box with a bed, massive plasma screen and a wet room. Ultra modern and very bizarre!

I think we need to finalise numbers for food and book then. Not tried Penny Blacks, if it's typical English then it should cater for everyones tastes?

For cheap lodgings there's always nitenite.co.uk which is fifty quid. It's basically a box with a bed, massive plasma screen and a wet room. Ultra modern and very bizarre!

I think we need to finalise numbers for food and book then. Not tried Penny Blacks, if it's typical English then it should cater for everyones tastes?

Agree was thinking of likely Suspects Burna, Jo and S7eve etc they haven't mentioned anything yet.

Now there there - have you ever heard about term "good english food"? It's oxymoron my friend :D

I agree totally. I much prefer proper Greek food myself. :D

Just have to consider the masses when arranging something like this. Like Ian says, Burna is a meat and two veg kinda bloke. ;)