The mkiv Supra Owners Club

winter hack???

Guest Dan_G

so today was the day i was supposed to go out and buy a cheap winter hack.... so i went to alot of car ealers and was narrowing the selection down then i saw it...... sat in the forecourt..... black, low, curvey, 18in wheels.... OMG!.... next thing you know i am sat nehind the wheel..... testdriving a 97 auto TT SUPRA!... ;)

I will be buying the car on Monday when the garage re-opens................. what have I done!!

who says a winter hack cant have 265 wide low [edit] profile rear tyres?? :rolleyes: just a joke... but my other car is a Legnum VR4... which one gets the garage??

btw... Hi all, ace site you have here...

Dan

Okay, managed to get some photos of the car I'm looking at.

Advise required from the experts (you guys)..

Its advertised as a 97 and i know the original reg was a P-plate , but having now done my research I'm not so sure if it is actually a 97. Coz it apears to have facelift front indicators but i think they are retrofitted into a prefaclift bumper and it also has a pre faclift dashboard. So, is it more likley to be a 96 car on a P plate? :rolleyes:

any advise greatfully recieved.:think:

Thanks

S2020404.jpg

S2020406.jpg

Okay, managed to get some photos of the car I'm looking at.

Advise required from the experts (you guys)..

Its advertised as a 97 and i know the original reg was a P-plate , but having now done my research I'm not so sure if it is actually a 97. Coz it apears to have facelift front indicators but i think they are retrofitted into a prefaclift bumper and it also has a pre faclift dashboard. So, is it more likley to be a 96 car on a P plate? :rolleyes:

any advise greatfully recieved.:think:

Thanks

Get the chassis number from the vin plate, then check production date on here

http://www.mkiv.co.nz/specs.htm

who says a winter hack cant have 265 profile rear tyres?
I do. :D

265 is the width not the profile ;)

Its advertised as a 97 and i know the original reg was a P-plate , but having now done my research I'm not so sure if it is actually a 97. Coz it apears to have facelift front indicators but i think they are retrofitted into a prefaclift bumper and it also has a pre faclift dashboard.

Yeah, it's a prefacelift Supe. It has prefacelift everything (front wings, rear lights, etc) apart from front indicators.

Using the link Ewen posted above you can find out which month the car was made if you have the chassis number from the VIN plate.

Nice looking car though mate. I like the wheels especially.

Thanks for the welcome guys, I will keep you all updated on proceedings.

Dan

p.s. i think i might have to extend the garage to keep both cars happy.:)

Welcome , and make sure you do that mate, cos both your cars dont deserve to be out under the rain ;) I really like the Lagum VR4's very stylish , specially in black ;)

So.... I bought the car :) ....... picked it up on saturday morning...:D :d

now the proud owner of a 96 RZ twin turbo auto.... pretty damn chuffed with the car must be said.... :D it absolutley stunning from every angle and the rear 1/4 view can only be bettered by italian exotics.....

needless to say have been driving it the whole weekend, despite the wet roads... and well, what can i say, its great... like the relaxed cruising ability of the auto :cool: then push the loud pedal and all hell breaks loose :flame: ... another thing that breaks loose is the back end!!... i have never spun the wheels on a car as much as this thing :innocent: ... certainly not a quick car in the wet!! but alot of fun...

the only bad point so far...whats up with the slip control!! it just cuts power for like 20 seconds or something...:wtf: quite dangerous for overtaking.....

but its a great drivers car there is no doubting that... absolutley lovin it... my car has a few knocks in the suspension front and back but nothing changing a few bits wont sort... and im sure i read a group buy of suspension parts somewhere... anyway, as you can tell I'm quite exited by it all.. :clap:

p.s. why does 80mph feel like 50?? :D

and for anyone thats interested heres a couple more pics:-

S2020405.jpg

S2020407.jpg

Lovely car, welcome, when i was looking for a car i think i saw some Ads for your beauty near Aberdeen, i nearly got one of me pals up there to take a trek and view it for me, if its the same car you got a real bargain.;)

yeah, thats the one... knocked him down a bit too...

the garage owner is a real good guy, let me under the car to inspect it in his garage and left me with a torch for as long as I wanted until i was happy with what I was buying.... he had sold it previously to a guy who decided he wanted a golf tdi so he took it back as a p/x on the golf ... was only back in 3 days when i bought it...

I remember the seat trim which is unusual but very nice & the wheels.

So you were'nt really looking for a Supra then, did u see it & your heart said BUY IT :p What did your brain say???[sHOCK][/sHOCK]

Brain?? whats one of those.. :p