The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quick HID question

Guest mk47

Ive tried to go through the hid group buy page but theres too much there to read through!

basically i want to order hids for my jspec tt, just wanted to know which ones are the right ones to order so they fit correctly.. i want the standard headlights the ones we use at night (not beams)

also which one i want a blue tint but dont want it to be too blue.. so do i go for 6000 or 8000k?

thanks for the quick responses! i think ill go for 6000 as i just want a hint of blue not too deep blue or purpley as you say mike.

you got any pics by any chance?

thanks for the quick responses! i think ill go for 6000 as i just want a hint of blue not too deep blue or purpley as you say mike.

you got any pics by any chance?

The pic on my avatar has 10k, but it's not a good shot...

I do like 10k though - preferred them to the 6k, more distinctive.

10 k is white/blue, but definately not purple at all...

I have 5K ones and they are pefect for me. I prefer function over form but thats me.

9005 for Jspec.

Remember that 9005 will need trimming to fit properly...easy peasy, takes 5 minutes with a file. Just so you don't think you've bought the wrong ones.

Remember that 9005 will need trimming to fit properly...easy peasy, takes 5 minutes with a file. Just so you don't think you've bought the wrong ones.

isnt that if there UK spec lights or something then the lugs need trimming? or something like that..

:search:

isnt that if there UK spec lights or something then the lugs need trimming? or something like that..

:search:

I think it's 9005 if you have jSpec and 9006 for UKspec. Whilst the 9005's will fit in the ukspec they will be roomy and subject to condenstaiton in the lights. No amount of trimming on a 9006 will enable it to fit in a JSPEC.

Regards the lumen Vs Colour, the following link gives a good description of what the colours and light levels mean.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XENON-LIGHT-HID-CONVERSION-KIT-H1-H4-H7-9004-9005-9006_W0QQitemZ150058080852QQihZ005QQcategoryZ9889QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Hope this helps.

OEM HIDs as used by Audi/BMW etc. are 4100/4300k or thereabouts and are the brightest bulbs, offering the most light. They look blue purely due to the HID optics (clearer lenses developed specifically for use with HID lighting) and not due to blue bulbs, so if you want the best actualy performance from your HIDs, get something in that colour range. If you *must* have blue lights, then 6000k is as far as you want to go as anything beyond that will develop *significantly* less light until your fancy HIDs will actually be less powerful then your original halogens. Not to mention the problems that other drivers will encounter due to the fact that blue light scatters the most thus blinding them plus the fact that driving at night with everything illuminated in a blue glow will be very tiring on your eyes.

OEM HIDs as used by Audi/BMW etc. are 4100/4300k or thereabouts and are the brightest bulbs, offering the most light. They look blue purely due to the HID optics (clearer lenses developed specifically for use with HID lighting) and not due to blue bulbs, so if you want the best actualy performance from your HIDs, get something in that colour range. If you *must* have blue lights, then 6000k is as far as you want to go as anything beyond that will develop *significantly* less light until your fancy HIDs will actually be less powerful then your original halogens. Not to mention the problems that other drivers will encounter due to the fact that blue light scatters the most thus blinding them plus the fact that driving at night with everything illuminated in a blue glow will be very tiring on your eyes.

I did some research on the web, "HID BIBLE" and what you have said is pretty much a good beginners summary of what needs to be known.

:thumbs:

Not many companies sell