The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I'm in the Supra Club!!

wHIZz

Hi folks,

Bought my first Supra today! :cool:

It's a 93 J-Spec TT (Auto) with 38k miles on the clock and I'm delighted ( although I don't get it until next week)

I have been looking non stop for a few weeks and have read loads of threads on this and other Supra OC sites - so much imformation, can't wait to get her on the road.

She's pretty standard at the moment which is what I wanted, so I can pretty much decide what to do from the start.

Any ideas on what my first checks, mods etc should be would be gratefully received - you know, common things I should make sure of when I get her! :search:

This is a picture while still at the dealers - it is now being serviced, MoT'ed and valleted for next week!

http://www.silverbyte.co.uk/images/mine2.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one tichkent, it is the one from Mackays. I didn't miss you by much, I went in last Saturday for mine!!.

I couldn't decide between the two when I went down a couple of weeks ago but on Saturday when I went back, the aero was gone - now I know why! :haha: but at least that made my choice easy!.... well done, you got a great car there!

Have you got it yet? - don't get mine until a week today :(

Nope - don't get it till Saturday - can't wait! Pity the weather's so drastically bad at the moment - might make me regret shelling out the extra for the Aerotop - roll on summer :)

One thing that's definitely harder with the Aerotop is getting insurance though. How are you getting on? I've ended up with Adrian Flux (were cheaper than Sky with a lower excess, and Elephant refused to insure it once they found out it was an Aerotop, otherwise they were the cheapest for an SZ).

The black ones look great though - good choice! I went over to Dunblane (Dicksons) to see a silver one, but black is best ;) And I wasn't impressed with Dicksons, about a two minute test drive and abuse when I didn't buy it immediately - charming!

Hope the wait ain't too painful, and it'll be worth it!

Tich

MacKay used to be the same, very mucky cars and they used to ask a lot for them although they are good at fixing issues if they arise (they just didn't used to sort potential problems before they started).

For a MacKay car you seem to have got a great deal there so no wonder they weren't moving on price.

WTTC and i hope you've found the scotland events forum already so we can see the beast in the flesh as it were.

m.