The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pics- FAO Nic (importpimp)- BLUE Defi's

Mas

Here are some pics from my new Blue Defi gauges, I need to thank Nic the Importpimp for supplying these lovely gauges and I cant say it enough how Happy I am with them, specially that Im one of the very first guys to have these in his car:ecstatic:

Also a big Thank you to Mark at Phoenix in Watford for fitting this for me as always a perfect job and a pleasure to know this guy , you just cant say enough about phoenix guys and their honesty and excellent work :thumbs:

Thanks guys

how much were these if you dont mind me askin?

I dont to be honest remember Pete, I wanted the white one when I paid Nic for a few other parts aswell as these all together and once I noticed they came out in the market last months I think I paid him £10 extra on top for each to have the Blue ones instead. well pleased with them though , worth spending your cash on them ;)

Looks Good Mas. First time I've seen the blue ones :thumbs:

Thanks Matt they are very nice and different,

Heared Mark saying he is expecting you to go round their garage for some work, he didnt hesitate to mention how good your work is though :respekt:

Why?

Also, why do all the big singles I've seen, have them in the downpipe? Half the tuners offer downpipes with an EGT mount ready welded on...

My decat pipe has the EGT/AFR mount in, hence I left the EGT sensor til I get the Cats off.

Very nice, I R jealous.

Thanks Mate;)

Why?

Also, why do all the big singles I've seen, have them in the downpipe? Half the tuners offer downpipes with an EGT mount ready welded on...

People got scared of losing the tip through the turbo hence they started mounting them further and further back...but if you actually want the right figure you need it to be pre turbo.

It's no use in the down pipe of the stockers as they take sooo much heat out of the exhaust....you'll never get a useful reading and might as well not bother.

On stockers it should be in a manifold runner...preturbo.

People got scared of losing the tip through the turbo hence they started mounting them further and further back...but if you actually want the right figure you need it to be pre turbo.

It's no use in the down pipe of the stockers as they take sooo much heat out of the exhaust....you'll never get a useful reading and might as well not bother.

On stockers it should be in a manifold runner...preturbo.

Post turbo reading is very roughly 200C less than pre turbo. As Alex says, pre turbo is best place for the sensor.

OK, so we know the turbos eat ~200°C...I don't see the problem though - just factor that in when you set your warning levels.

Plus it must be loads easier to mount the probe in a cat pipe, rather than taking the exhaust manifold off to drill it.