The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Buying a Supra blind?

jeremyh

Hi all,

I'm coming towards the end of a long time saving up for a sports car (hopefully a Supra believe it or not!).

I made my first post early last month I think, and to cut a long story short my daily driver at the moment is a 1.2 8v Punto, and I am looking to buy a Supra TT within the next 2 or 3 months.

My question is related to the fact that I have never driven or been driven in a Supra, so I have literally no experience when it comes these cars.

I live down in SE England, and there is little to no availability as far as Supras are concerned, and I will probably have to travel the length of the country to find what I'm looking for.

I am aware that there are some very reliable traders on this forum, but has anyone ever bought a Supra without actually going to see it/take it for a test drive?

I am interested in finding out if buying a car this way is something I should look into...

but has anyone ever bought a Supra without actually going to see it/take it for a test drive?

Yeh me, i bought mine from Jurgen without even sitting in one, let alone driving one, the closest i got to one was at a car import place. Safe to say i have no regrets, i knew it was the car for me purely because of the looks and power. The interior/seats etc are class, the driving postion is perfect and very comfy!

The power is something special! I had no rwd experince before, just take it easy and show it some respect especially in the wet.

@ChrisZ, I am actually not far from Canterbury - if I could just be a passenger in one I would be very very grateful!

The thing is, a TT costs a fair amount of money, and like anybody else, I would want the security of knowing I'm getting the best car for my money.

@ChrisZ, I am actually not far from Canterbury - if I could just be a passenger in one I would be very very grateful!

The thing is, a TT costs a fair amount of money, and like anybody else, I would want the security of knowing I'm getting the best car for my money.

I work in Canterbury and would be happy to give you a ride in mine (even though it's 'only' an N/A:)) - alternatively there's a meet in Ashford on Monday night - you could turn up and ask someone for a lift in a TT:)

To be honest I didn't know anyone that close to me that owned a Supra - would you mind if I took you up on that offer of being a passenger?

I haven't even gone down the route of looking into buying an N/A, I suppose I figured spending that amount of money I may just as well look for TTs only. Although saying that I hazard a guess that an N/A is still a massive leap from a 1.2 Punto...

Wow, I never knew there were so many soops in Kent!

Is there a reason everyone's keeping their heads down ;)

I have seen a silver Supra occasionally driving along Margate seafront - anyone from here? This is going back a month or so ago when the weather was better and I think it was stock (looked amazing either way).

@gaz6148 - do you own a TT by any chance? I already have someone on this board kind enough to give me a ride in an N/A, but would like to 'test the water' in both if I could...

Wow, I never knew there were so many soops in Kent!

Is there a reason everyone's keeping their heads down ;)

I have seen a silver Supra occasionally driving along Margate seafront - anyone from here? This is going back a month or so ago when the weather was better and I think it was stock (looked amazing either way).

@gaz6148 - do you own a TT by any chance? I already have someone on this board kind enough to give me a ride in an N/A, but would like to 'test the water' in both if I could...

yes mate a tt, pm me when it suits you i will give you a spin no worries