The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Auto or Manual??

Guest wightman

Guest wightman

Alright peeps;

been look to get a supra now for a while, but need to sell my S3 first of which ive had an offer of 8k to take it off my hands by this weekend.

Now i was dead set on a manual tt, but there so hard to come by and to get a good one im looking at 10-11k which i can afford but would rather keep a lid on my spending at the mo.

been on the phone to Jurgen about a white supra he has for 10.5k which is really nice, thats if i go down the route of manual.

So what i would like to know whats the good and bad points about both gearboxes, heard the manual is a bit notchy? but that wont bother me.

ps; what condition supra could i get for 8k? tt auto?

cheers

chris.

8k should get you a very good condition auto, i got mine from jurgen(an auto) and it rocks, couldnt be happier with the car!

Its hard to say which is best myself as ive never driven a tt 6spd but i believe the TT auto is the best value purely because of the price difference. Certain people wont drive auto's tho but its a different kettle of fish when the cars got this much power! It aint no grandad box!