The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can you still buy brand new tt engines?

Guest magic dr.shoon

Guest magic dr.shoon

I'm looking to buy a gz aerotop, but aside from being rare as rocking horse sh*t, to find one with a good history, in my budjet, and lowish miles is even harder!

I was considering just buying one and if I have to, take a risk on the history of the car. But I would only be happy in doing this if I know that you can still get the engines (and other parts that are likley to go) brand new, that way I know the thing will last me another 150k at least, without having to take another risk in getting another second hand engine!

£1695!!! When I was looking for a new engine for my Rover coupe (VVC) they were talking almost £1800 for a rebuilt exchange engine! Mind you, I'm not massively up to date on engine replacement (even though I've paid to have engines replaced in 2 out of my 5 cars)

What does it all include?

I paid about £1400 two years ago, my mate worked at the parts distribution warehouse back then :cool:

Seriously recommend having a reputable machining shop strip it and check everything.

The quality was diabolical! I had a blocked oilway that hadnt been machined all the way through correctly! Also had shards of metal filings half hanging off the webs on the crank! WTF!

Massive thread over on SF.

Scott

The quality was diabolical! I had a blocked oilway that hadnt been machined all the way through correctly! Also had shards of metal filings half hanging off the webs on the crank! WTF!

:eek:

I would hope this occurance is rare, but Titan do offer a checkup service before they ship the engine out to you in that link... and worth every penny IMO.

Guest magic dr.shoon

Excelent news!! Thanks!

So as long as the chassis and framework is in good nick, everything else is still available and replaceable?

Not rare no! You should also see some of the pictures i have!

Many many people over on SF who have registered this problem with OEM shortblocks. Its was put to toyota a couple of years ago and they were not interested.

Thats why titan do offer the service. Toyota wont admit there knocking out crap short blocks so we have no choice but to fork out the extra to get it checked.

Scotty

:eek:

I would hope this occurance is rare, but Titan do offer a checkup service before they ship the engine out to you in that link... and worth every penny IMO.

Not rare no! You should also see some of the pictures i have!

Many many people over on SF who have registered this problem with OEM shortblocks. Its was put to toyota a couple of years ago and they were not interested.

Thats why titan do offer the service. Toyota wont admit there knocking out crap short blocks so we have no choice but to fork out the extra to get it checked.

Scotty

Any chance you could post up some pics of your shortblock?

So if you had an NA for examply, would you have to buy the TT shortblock and then find a second hand TT upper part of the engine? If that makes sense heh

would a TT lump use the same engine brackets as the N/A or will you have to make your own as I am considering doing this swap as the N/A engine is ugly!