The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Customise Perfection - DO NOT USE..!!!!!!

Lee GZ

Hi Guys,

Not a happy chap at the moment. :bang:

Not sure how many of you know or have used Customise Perfection In Southampton before?. But I have just been completely fucked over by them.!!!!

I recently went to them for some insurance work, (damaged front nose cone) they agreed to do it then they said they wanted payment up front before they carried out the work..??? So I agreed to sign the insurance form approving payment. Stupidly!

After waiting months, payment finally was sent last week, when I went to see them at customize Perfection I discovered that the unit has been totally cleared out not sure if they have gone under or just moving..? They aren't returning any of my calls and I feel I have been completely fucked over.! The chap who owns it is a complete cock.!

Does any one know or have any idea as to if they have gone under or not and I don’t suppose anyone knows were I could find the bloke who owns it.? He is going to be drinking through a straw by the time I finish with him..!

It’s my own fault really I was planning to use Paul at Miami GT who was very very helpful and I would recommend to anyone..!! But being the idiot that I am I had already signed that piece of paper so I was unable to cancel with Customize Perfection with out stitching my self up with the Insurance people. :thumbdown:

Thanks mate.

My insurance company has been quite good so far, im now going with one of there garages. Don’t know yet though if this is going to cost me anything yet, (HOPE NOT) I just hope the insurance company catches up with him..!

Not sure if im the one who should be contacting police and seeking legal assistance or should I leave it all to the insurance company.?

I've never heard of them matey. Surely the insurance company would have paid directly to the company in question though? You shouldn't have any input on the payment side of things. (for this exact reason)

Have a word with Paul E Or try Millway in Andover if you want a good local bodyshop. IMO they are one of the best around. And their guys are Toyota trained :) My car is there right now. shame thier rollers only take 330rwhp really

Just explain what happened to the insurance bods and that you thought this was standard practice - go the stupidity route. I'm sure they'll soon sue their asses off.

Cheers Bud,

Yeah thats the route i have gone, just hoping i dont get fucked over because of it.!

Lee i have replied to your pm

Just for the benefit of the forum, they havent gone under they are just moving premises due to high rise in rent and problems with the surrounding area (bodyshop with high perfromance cars in and out all day in a residentual area doesnt go down to well)

I found out unexpectedly myself as they closed the doors last week and have my belongings too! It would have been alot more professional to let all there outstanding customers know.

Im sure your insurance comany can sort things out for you with another local bodyshop, if they only sent payment last week customise might not have even recieved it yet as they closed last wed, not that its any consolation tho...

Hi James, got your PM thanks for that mate.! :0)

My insurance company are re sorting me out but unfortunately I have to start at the beginning again, they have to come out re-assess all the damage and work that needs doing, alarm bells are going to start again as soon as they see my body kit. It’s all a load of hassle I don’t need.!

If they weren't such a bunch of un professional amateurs at Customize Perfection my car would have been repaired months ago, im mean what garage doesn’t have £500 to purchase a bumper. Warranted when they first time they sprayed my car before it was damaged they did a good job, took them two attempts though colour match was a bit poor first time round. Oh and they broke my indicator and snapped one my neon light leads which later as the wire was dangling got caught and ripped the bulb out.

I would NOT recommend them to anyone. Unreliable / unprofessional / extremely disorganised