The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyway of keeping back seats in with Harnesses

chris aka fonz

You could fit a floor brace and use this to attach the harness to.

[qimg]http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/216/cimg0002tc2.jpg[/qimg]

Only if you don't value your life! That is FAR too steep an angle for the shoulder straps and would crush your spine in an accident. IIRC you shouldn't have more than 20deg lower than horizontal. The only proper safe way to attach them is using a proper harness bar like the Sparco one in Nick's link. You can leave the rear seats in, but you can't really use them because it's very hard to squeeze in under the bar and if you had an accident the rear passenger would crack their chin/face on it.

Ive got a harness bar across the top of the back seats in mine. Came over from Japan with it. It sits literally on top of the back seats and attches just behind the rear quarters. Plan is to eventually have harnesses and a camera mount on it. Back seats are still functional but i could imagine it being pretty painfull under hard acceleration as it would be right in line with peoples heads. Other prob is now i cant put the back seats down which i found out the other night while trying to get a bumper in.

Isn't it you that's got one of those fitted? Saw it on the Dragonball and thought it looked great.

Yep, that's me. There's some pics of it somewhere on here. It looks good, and more importantly it attaches the straps at the perfect height and makes the straps as short as possible so they won't stretch in a crash. Well worth it, but you really can't use the back seats. You could always take the bar out if you need to use them I guess, and just put it back when you want the harnesses.

I never use the harnesses on the road anyway, they are way too impractical. You can't move at all while wearing them, so you can't lean forward to look at junctions, can barely reach the stereo and you can't turn your head round to look when reversing.