The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Neons?

rick001

Gonna get well and truely flamed for this but what the hell:

I personally think Neons DONE RIGHT(And that's the key phrase) Dont look chavy or tacky. As long as they give a complete round the car glow and the tubes themselves cant be seen and the car is suitably modified then i think they look very nice when parked up, not driving round though. They look chavy on crappy corsa's, saxos and the such with poor fitting bodykits and the tubes can be seen and they only light the floor up directly below them.

Gonna get well and truely flamed for this but what the hell:

I personally think Neons DONE RIGHT(And that's the key phrase) Dont look chavy or tacky. As long as they give a complete round the car glow and the tubes themselves cant be seen and the car is suitably modified then i think they look very nice when parked up, not driving round though. They look chavy on crappy corsa's, saxos and the such with poor fitting bodykits and the tubes can be seen and they only light the floor up directly below them.

Agree too. Don't think i would ever have them but they do look nice when done right.

Lol...hey...i've only ever seen them on one car and they looked pretty good, especially with the alloys the guy had on.

I don't have them and never will...:p

LOL Thank god for that!!

maybe they look better on some cars than others?? I saw a rover thing with them on and it just looked reeeeeaaally gay :p

i actually asked 2 traffic cops this question, with a 2 year gap in between.

2 years ago my mate got pulled for havin neons. I asked the cop if there was any way of them being legal, as previously said on here...he said if the front is white, sides orange, and rear is red.

Then i got pulled a few months ago for a "randon stop" and got chatting to the cop. I asked him the same question to which he said that there is no written rule about it, and that as long as you cannot see the bulb and there is no glare then its legal......straight from the horses mouth......but i still dont know if i would risk it!

that there is no written rule about it, and that as long as you cannot see the bulb and there is no glare then its legal

As it says in the link I posted above, you're not allowed to project any colour except red at the rear, you can project any colour EXCEPT red at the front and you can't look like a police car. There is no specific law applying to a glow underneath the car if you can't see the bulbs themselves.

Undercar lights do give the cops an excuse to stop you though and go over your car looking for anything else. :(