The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Guys My First Supra Maybe On Sat.

egrossi

Looks alright mate. What attracted you to that one in particular?

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/1854/7403bk1.th.jpg

I see it has the usual poor colour match on the rear bumper that silver Supes often seem to have. Nothing to worry about there.

Those wheels are a bit bling for my tastes. Check that they are the correct widths and also the tyre sizes are right. Some dealers are a bit sloppy about making sure the sizes are correct and just go for cheap as poss.

Nice one mate, I agree about the wheels but the car looks clean in general. Just make sure you get that engine bay sparkling if you get it ;) Bet you're excited!! I had to wait nearly 3 months to get my first supra as it was a personal import, but the wait was well worth it :eyebrows: :sly: :eyebrows:

I see it has the usual poor colour match on the rear bumper that silver Supes often seem to have. Nothing to worry about there.

Those wheels are a bit bling for my tastes. Check that they are the correct widths and also the tyre sizes are right.

As Jake said, and also check for regular servicing, oil changes etc and run an AA car report as well :)

might be worth having a word with CJ, he often get hold of some really resonable low milage examples

Looks clean enough,

See the usual mis match on the rear bumper, but most silver ones are like that..... mine included,

A bodyshop mate of mine said you often get that due to painting on plastic and how light falls on the panels, Its worse with certain colours

Personal taste ,,

But if i was you i'd pick your self up a std front number plate mount as the sticky one spoils the car

Personal choice though,

I have a standard bracket but with a smaller Front plate, looks neat and tidy then, I always feel the standard size plate looks huge.. have same problem on the wifes RX8 a pretty front end spoilt by a huge Number plate, but its all down to your own personal choice at the end of the day

Good luck with it ...

Just be careful in the wet TT or NA both very lively in the wet especially if this is your first powerful RWD car

Guys thanks every so much,

Been having lenghty talks with this guy re your comments above and car comes with all its paperwork bimta cert. included and history. The previous owner fitted the wheels but will get the sizes of him and if ok with ya'll I will post them up here and you can let me know if ok.

Yes Blitz totally agree nice neat number plate on front would be so much better than that sticker. I know wheels a bit bling, but with my budget new wheels and new tyres, beautiful baby.

PS When I was 19 I had a Lancia Thema 16V Turbo for years then sold it and got a Silvia Turbo and yes that was my first RWD car and after three weeks showing of to myself floored it and ended up rapping it round a lamp post at 70 ouch that hurt. So learnt my lesson I think. Oh if anyone knows the Crest roundabout in Swindon I payed for that new lamp post on the bend on the exit from Sainsbury.

guys as promised tyre sizes on this one is,

FR 225/40/ZR 18inch alloys

RR 265/35/ZR 18inch alloys

what do ya think then.

Fine........... same as mine, no probs there

Although when my fronts are finally worn out i plan to go wider on the front to 235-245,

not bothered yet as they were brand new when i took delivery of the car.

Before you ask.

I Run my tyre pressures at 2.6 bar all round , no wear probs good ride and mpg, check the Spare wheel too as always gets forgotten 4.2 bar for your space saver

Cheers blitz much appreciated will do re pressure.

After a conversation with him today he confirmed its just 70,000 miles should be ok. My second car only covered 10,000 miles in the past 3 years so re-sale should still be low I hope.

Might go mad and make any excuse to drive it.

What do I have to do when it says my membership is due.

Cheers blitz much appreciated will do re pressure.

After a conversation with him today he confirmed its just 70,000 miles should be ok. My second car only covered 10,000 miles in the past 3 years so re-sale should still be low I hope.

Might go mad and make any excuse to drive it.

What do I have to do when it says my membership is due.

No worries matey your welcome.. friendly advice and help costs nothing.

I think if you just go to Register and choose which fee you want to pay, and then do it through Paypal,

If no Paypal account just set one up they are instant and then it will just be charged to your c/c, Makes life easier that way.